504 Gateway Time-out and service not started**[FIXED]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nb, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: 504 Gateway Time-out and service not started

Hi
    Can you ensure that you have full windows updates?
    I don't know what was missing that dnx couldn't run but it is not a DNX responsibility to provide updates - Windows Update is the mechanism of keeping your machine up to date. Update your machine fully and let us know what happens.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: 504 Gateway Time-out and service not started

Also - Just our of curiosity - what is the language of your os? Thanks for reporting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. roadwings

I am installing v15 RC2 and have come across this exact issue. It looks like dnx.exe is part of dot net. Do you have any information to add that could help? Thanks.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

But the service is started?
    DNX in RC2 was removed so now you have 3CX Management console service.

Is that service started?

5. roadwings

The service 3CX 01 Management Console is not started and will not start.

6. roadwings

So Nickybrg blew my mind with awesome customer service.

Our problem was not with 3CX, but with Windows Update. We suspected this early in diagnosis. After fixing windows update, and updating the updates to the updater, 3CX installed successfully and everything 3CX related is fine. The rest of this post is going to be sharing our story to help 3CX tech support guys and possible people in the future using google.

Windows Update was not working. Stuck on 0% downloaded 0 kbps and/or taking too long to download. Long story short, windows update needed to be updated. Google brought us to KB3138612, KB3145739 but those fixes only changed the error. KB3102180 was the fix that got Windows Update working successfully on a Windows 7 machine.

Good luck future Googlers and thanks Nickybrg for the help. When they say update before installing, they really mean it. So far v15 looks great. Keep up the good work.

7. acolville

I have the same issue, ie managment console service will not start, except this in on a windows 10 (1511) box. The box is fully patched...

THe system has been upgraded from V14 and is functioning ok, but cannot be managed...

I really need to get this fixed, or go back to V14

Any help greatky appreciated...

8. das

das

This also happened on my Win 10 system twice after rebooting the system: 3CX Management Console services was not started, starting it manually resolved the problem. In event log I found a timeout error regarding the service.

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Check full windows updates.. If you are getting updates from WSUS check your WSUS.
    If you have problems updating from windows updates install 3CX on another machine.

10. kustek

Also have the same problem on a brand new fully patched Windows 10 Pro box and have done a complete 3CX re-install and still not resolved have to start the service manually at least once a day.

11. acolville

Nicky has already posted, but my issue turned out to be updates not being offered by a WSUS server.

So if the server is domain joined and you use WSUS make sure that you also check for updates directly from MS.

I have all three of our PBX's up and running.

I have noticed that after a restart of the server the managment service doesnt always restart, so if you are sure that you are fully patched check this as well.

12. acolville

Spoke too soon... One of my PBX's has reverted to the 504 error.

PBX server is fully patched, but the Managment COnsole service will not start...

As it happens I am in the process of moving it to a new install on different hardware so I will see if the same thing happens.

13. Christine Trump

Good information given nicky! Appreciate it as i had the same problem and all i had to do was update the system. Thank you!!

14. acolville

Re: 504 Gateway Time-out and service not started NOT FIXED

Ok, now I have a real problem...

Created new server WIN10 fully patched - every last one I can find.

No AV - just defender

Took down old server - thankfully I had enabled auto backup so I have that i have a backup file as I cannot access the console on the old server.

Changed IP address of new server to match old server

Install 3CX, using backup

All services are running, but still a 504 error.

Not sure where to go with this now...

Thankfully gateways and phones have registered so the system is working but something is very wrong...

When I try to restart the Managment Console service I get:

"Error 1053 the service did not repsond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

15. acolville

OK,

Thanks to the excellent support of Nicky and Michael at 3CX This has been resolved.

The issue was that we had a number of (8) SNOM phones with older firmware. These were repeatedly asking for a logo file and bombarding the server.

Once access to ports 5000/5001 was blocked the console came to life on the server.

Now all the phones are being upgraded to the supported Firmware and then the server firewall can be opened up again.

So in summary if you get the 504 Gateway Time-Out message check the following:

1. All updates are installed
    2. If the server is on a domain with WSUS running make sure that either all updates on on the WSUS server, or that you check for updates from MS
    3. If you have any SNOM phone, that they are running the supported firmware.

You can easily check the firmware by going to Updates and downloading the lasted versions for your phones. Then select phones and it will tell you which ones need updating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.