64 BIT Installation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kp_odata, Jul 5, 2007.

1. kp_odata

Is there a 64 bit version of #CX available?.

for testing if one installs the current 32 bit version are there any issues related to the install and functioning?

This question was posed to us by one of the propective customers.

Thanks

Krishna

2. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

64 bit testing of 3CX PBX software

Hi Krishna

There isnt a 3CX phonesystem version which is 64 bit Native. We have installed the 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine. The installation went smoothly however there were some known issues. We are currently performing intensive testing on 64 bit machines and I will surely get back to you. However for now I strongly recommend that you do not install the 3CX phonesystem on a 64 bit machine.

Thanks

3. kp_odata

Re 64 Bit Installation

Thanks Nicky for your reply. I will keep an eye on future postings relating to 64 Bit.

As Microsoft is moving to 64 Bit ONLY for Servers starting from the next version of SBS , mainly for Exchange, I think it will be good idea for 3CX to move to 64 bit, since 3CX will be closely tied to Exchange/Unified Messaging.

Krishna

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe there are still 32bit versions but they are not supported as a production environment. I think that is the line M$ is taking is it not?

5. nickybrg

Staff Member 3CX Support

Ye - you are right in a way - but for example Exchange is 64 bit only - production - and it has 32 bit versions that expire for test purposes.

Microsoft is going that way as Krishna said because of what AMD and INTEL are doing, Imagine - the celeron version of AMD - sempron is already 64 bit and has been so for quite a long time. So I dont imagine microsoft to stay put with 32 bit as well - they will move to 64 bit only.
    Our software - 3CX phonesystem is a good candidate for 64 bit. So we will eventually be 64 bit only. Currently we are doing Vista tests - so We are concentrating on Vista testing. But there will surely be a 3cx phonestsem compiled for 64bit machines.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't like that a bit at all.

Means I have to move to 64 bit, pfff over rated :lol:

It like:

When you are young you want a fast car, when you are old you want the car when you where young, as it is worth a lot more money. So I hold on to my 32 bit architecture, who knows I might be sitting on a goldmine LOL.

7. nickybrg

Staff Member 3CX Support

You will soon find yourself in front of a 64 bit machine Henk :) - mark my words - how can you work with a 32 bit machine when the market is going for quad cores designed for 64bit operability? It's reality in a way isn't it?

And forget the goldmine part - you remember a "computer" sinclair ZX80 - no color, no sound !!! INstalled RAM 1K EARLY 80's. Sold half a million in the first few months. You just wont find because they are obsolete but if I had to buy one of them (for show purposes - not a great show either!!!) I wouldnt pay more than 25 pounds and must simply have a power supply with it :). hundreds of 32 bit machines are sold every day so your idea of your machine becoming a gold mine only depends on the data you have in it :lol: In that case you can make any machine a gold mine right :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re 64 bit, you correct. I been shopping already, so might get a second poweredge soon. See how we go :) need to sell some software first I guess LOL.