Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

*6X calls stuck, never hang up

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ayachem, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ayachem

Note: I previously posted this in the beta forum, but needed to follow up and the old forum is locked.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/62-call-stuck-in-assistant-11799.html#p60915

On our snom phones, I have set the DND button to send *60 and *61 to enable/disable DND. I have also tried using speed dial numbers to dial *62 and *63 to log in/out of the queues. On several occasions, the *6X call gets "stuck" on the server and the call never ends. I cannot hang up or disconnect it from the phone, the assistant, or the server extensions page. The BLF lights on other phones also stay lit while the call is still connected. I think it has something to do with the voice prompts?

I have attached a picture showing the error message I receive and how the calls appear in the system:
    [​IMG]

Someone please help with this, at least in fixing the ability to disconnect the call on the server. I can restart the services, but that requires that the entire server to go offline while the services stop and start.

Thank You,

~ Michelle

2. cloidhamer

I am seeing the same thing with my system. By restarting the Assistant Server the call is dropped and things go back to normal. Can someone from 3CX please address this issue because this appears to be a bug in the Assistant Server service.

Craig

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Please try to read the topmost topic on this forum.
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html

Thanks a lot for your cooperation

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cloidhamer

Thanks for your response, but I am trying to let you know that your system is broken and needs fixing. If this is not the right place to submit a bug fix then please post the proper place for me to submit the problem.

Craig

5. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Hi,

We and many of our customers that use speed dial buttons for *6x dial codes are experiencing the same issue.

The problem occurs when the user (accidently) pushes the button more than one time, I think that the 3CX server needs about 3 seconds to complete the first call and when the second calls comes in it "hangs".

3CX - please consider fixing this. The customers appreciate being able to use speed dial buttons.

Regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. comresource

comresource Member

We were having the same issues with our Aastra deployments. What we ended up doing was creating an custom XML script for the phones that allows a single button to toggle DND off/on. It reads the 3CX database for the current status and then dials either *61 or *60 as needed. The script basically ignores any other button pushes until it has completed so it does not get confused. Granted this is a phone vendor specific solution but most of the newer phones available support XML so it may be an option.

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Is it possible to enforce Aastra to use "record-route"/"route" headers and, also, use outbound proxy as specified in configuration?
    Thanks
    P.S. The problems, related to a call to *6x, are still unclear... except request to fix something what cannot be replicated...

8. comresource

comresource Member

I am not sure what you are asking. These phones are on the local LAN so route headers are not used.

As far as the *6x issue. This is caused by dialing the DND codes a bit too quickly (easiest to duplicate by using speeddials) causing the 3CX system to get confused. The screenshot posted above is exactly the end result. The Call-Assistant shows a call in progress but it cannot be cleared out.

9. cloidhamer

In regards to it not being replicated, here is the configuration that is causing it on a Snom 320 phone.

The Snom phones are auto provisioned with the following XML.
    <dnd_on_code perm="">*61</dnd_on_code>
    <dnd_off_code perm="">*60</dnd_off_code>

When a user pushes the DND button on the phone and then quickly pushes it again before the 3CX server has had time to complete the initial *6 command the second *6 command hangs. This situation can can only be cleared by a full system restart, not just a service restart or a phone reboot. The whole server must be rebooted.

10. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Could you please publish verbose version of 3CXPhoneSystem.log and 3CXPhoneSystem.trace.log files for described case?
    It is exact kind of cooperation I've asked for in my previous posts...

Thanks

11. cloidhamer

Here is the 3CXPhoneSystem.log when I try and upload the 3CXPhoneSystem.trace.log the post errors out telling me "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KB." My 3CXPhoneSystem.trace.log is 5.87 megs.

Craig

Attached Files:

12. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Yes, 5.87 megabates is not helpful.
    If I understand, it should be very easy to replicate it on you envirinment.
    Restart PBX (to have clean logs) and then replicate it...

Thanks

13. cloidhamer

Here is one after a fresh restart. The last few commands are when it locked up on the *61.

Craig

Attached Files:

14. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Just a few questions
    1. (In the case if you try to open management console) Do you see the extension status as the one which has connected call (yellow light).
    2. if you select the "yellow light of the extension". Is it possible to disconnect the call by pressing "Disconnect call" button which is at the top of the page?

Thanks a lot for information
    P.S. I'm slightly (incredibly!) tiresome, but I had asked for logs at "verbose" level. Sorry for inconvenience, but it requires restart of the 3CXPhoneSystem service to apply changes made in management console...

15. cloidhamer

1. (In the case if you try to open management console) Do you see the extension status as the one which has connected call (yellow light).
    Yes

2. if you select the "yellow light of the extension". Is it possible to disconnect the call by pressing "Disconnect call" button which is at the top of the page?
    No. You get the error that was posted in the first post in this tread.
    "An exception occurred ExtStatus Error:"

The only way to clear it is to completely shutdown and restart the server.

Thanks a lot for information
    P.S. I'm slightly (incredibly!) tiresome, but I had asked for logs at "verbose" level. Sorry for inconvenience, but it requires restart of the 3CXPhoneSystem service to apply changes made in management console...

No worries. Sorry I didn't get it to you the first time.

Attached Files:

16. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

the first step is to update software. Call Manager (3CXPhoneSystem service) should be 8.0.10100.0. It is the part of 8.0.10116.583 version of PBX
    Again, sorry for inconvenience, but version you have installed is the "coeval" of this topic...

thanks

P.S. Please let us know whether it fixes this issue or not

17. cloidhamer

Here are the logs with the most current version. Sorry for the delay.

Craig

Attached Files:

• logs.zip
      File size:
      125.3 KB
      Views:
  18. cloidhamer

Also I have been able to mitigate some of this issue by replacing the away_on.wav and away_on.wav with empty wave files, then the calls only last 2 seconds as compared to 5 to 8 seconds for the stock files. If the *6 codes were not handled like calls then I believe this would not be an issue. Thanks.

Craig

19. jandings

Just want to add that I can reproduce this problem with the latest versions as well.

If you have an impatient user that pushes a button sending *60 or *61 a couple of times too quickly, the calls remain stuck and cannot be removed. Unfortunatly most of our users are impatient...

Best, Jan

==================================================
    Config:
    3CX Server 8.0.10624.716
    3CX Assistant 8.0.11114
    Windows Server 2008 SP2 on VMware
    Patton 4960 E1/T1 FW 5.3 connected to a E1/DSS1 line in Germany
    45x SNOM 320 FW 7.3.14
    No external SIP-Traffic

20. chrischevy

Hi,

I'm bringing back this old topic. I am experiencing the exact same issue with the 3CX beta 9. If I quickly press DND on my Snom phone 2 times, the call stays connected forever with *61 or *60. I can reproduce this problem on any phone (I only use Snom phones).

Thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

• 3cx.jpg
      3cx.jpg
      File size:
      60 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.