Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

7 Day wait for FQDN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Adam Wride, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Wride

Hi,

Had some major issues getting our 3cx server to upgrade over the weekend, desparately trying to get it back online at the moment.

Reinstalling 3cx from a back up which we have done a few times, it's now saying that it can't activate the fqdn, need to wait 7 days to try again, anyone had this before? Really need it as the backup isn't showing any extensions when we use a different fqdn.

Please help!

Thanks

Adam

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

I haven't seen that before but it sounds like you might have restored a few times and hit some sort of rate limiting. As far as no extensions showing.. you mean not registering or actually no extensions in the extensions tab? Not registering would make sense if the endpoints were using the FQDN but the extensions tab being empty sounds like a bad backup or one taken before the extensions were created.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Adam Wride

What's weird about it as I can see the data in the backup, I've pulled it apart separately to check it, at the moment the work around for me is to completely rebuild the phone server.

Do you know any way of checking a back up?

4. Jor3cx

Hello Adam,

Do you get the next error?

ERROR creating FQDN:
    Certificate Authority Error: ID (429) - too many certificate requests for the same FQDN. This means you have tried to generate a certificate for this FQDN more than 5 times in the last 7 days. If you want this certificate you need to wait until the counter is adjusted. If you cannot wait, you will need to choose another FQDN. To re-install 3CX using the same license key with a different FQDN requires you to release your current FQDN which frees your license. Follow this guide: https://www.3cx.com/docs/fqdn-already-in-use/

Than you have to wait 7 days, or you create a ticket in the customerportal of 3cx and they can help you.

grz jor3cx

5. Adam Wride

Thank you, I did change the FQDN but it still didn't insert the data from the backup - there were no errors during the restore, just hasn't put any of my configuration in...

I will raise a support ticket with 3CX and try to get the FQDN reset

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

when you hit this message then even 3CX can not lift it as it is defined in the cert issuer process: https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/. Only a unbound and selection of another FQDN can be done, or wait.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.