700**my-ext-number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danilobrambilla, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danilobrambilla

Hello, while trying to attend at a customer request I found out a (possibly undocumented) conference feature

700**my-ext-number

this put myself in conference alone on line 1.

If I blind trasfer a call to 700**my-ext-number, I put myself in conference with the call. This seems to work adding several calls too.

Programming a Yealink BLF with a speed dial to 700**my-ext-number on line 2 would eventually create a on-demand conference room ready to use.

Anyone has experience with this? It seems to work, but have some issue

For example, what ID has these conference rooms? Can another ext direct transfer calls to it? How?

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear danilobrambilla,

Please visit this link http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/create-conference-using-desk-phone/ to find how to create a conference call.
    In your case you created your ext-number as conference ID and nobody can access on that conference. The above link is a method for conference with DID if the caller knows the conf. ID & Password. On the other hands you can using your IP Phones conference functionalities.
    More details in this link: http://www.3cx.com/user-manual/ip-phone-create-conference/

3. danilobrambilla

Hello, thank you for answer.

the purpose of using 700**my-ext-number is to create a conference using BLF speed-dial function, with no asking of names and codes. Our customer is using another PBX (not 3CX) which we are replacing with 3CX and he is asking us to have the same features he already have. One of those is having an always-on conference room, which 3CX does not support. The purpose is to be able to transfer calls to already running conference rooms with no need to specify names or other. How can I reach this result? Built in phone conference only support 3 parties and is not enought. Telephone is Yealink T48G
    Regards, Danilo

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear danilobrambilla,

With BLF, you can use this dial structure: 700*ID*Pass.
    That means:
    700--> Conference extension
    ID --> Any number that is not match with your extension
    Pass --> Conference PIN

Please let us know if it works.

5. danilobrambilla

Hello,

unfortunatelly this is not working, I receive a "forbidden by administrator" message, but cannot figure out why. This is working your side?

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please check that the conference password from settings/ Conferencing/ Audio is correct in the custom speed dial you are using.
    also note that this function is not exactly what you are looking for but it creates a conference room with a click of a button you can transfer callers in that room like you can transfer a normal call.
    Also if more people know the conference ID and password they can join or transfer others to the conference. The participants will be asked their names though.
    Please note that the conference functionality also depends on the ip phones as well. With some phones you can have 3 way conference on the phone it self and some other phones use the PBX conference to create a conference. Also in some phones you can just press the BLF and the call will be transferred and on some phones you need to press transfer and then the BLF.
    Of course the simplest way to achieve this is by using the 3CX client that can create conferences with the press of a button and add as many people as you want.

To summarise create a custom speed dial to the extension you want (700*1*0000) and re-provision the phone.
    After the BLF appears on the screen call that extension, answer the call and hit transfer and press the BLF to forward the caller to the conference room.
    Let us know if that works for you

7. danilobrambilla

700*ID*Pass in not working for me as then IVR asks * to confirm or # to cancel. If press * it asks for name.
    700*ID*Pass* does not works too.
    700**my-ext-number is the only one o found that goes straight to conference room, unfortunatelly this conference has no ID.
    Unfortunatelly 3CX misses both speed-dialing to conference and an option to disable IVR asking for names.
    My thought is 3CX misses conference rooms with extension number

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.