8 calls Limitation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by amygoda, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello
    how 3CX system count the calls ?
    Is it by device ?
    If a conferance call is it like other calls ?
    and for what the g29 licenese ?
    the pbx establish and connect a call between 2 devices and the devices talk toghether to decide which code will use

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

its by call. And yes, if you want to have a conference call with 16 participants you need a 16 call version. The G729 license is required if you want to communicate on G729.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SIPfun

If you've got more than 8 people on a call... Chances are you can buy a copy that supports more people ;)

For, so far in testing stages - at home I have 4 possible outgoing lines over VOIP... and 4 kids.. So far so good on the free version ;)

4. SIPfun

10 years with a nationwide phone company... who has VOIP & SIP customers, I"m only now learning about SIP because of 3CX. I know a lot about video/HD & codecs... Can I just buy a G729 "codec" from anyone, or is this brand specific????

5. Thona

Zou can buz a G719 codec from manz vendors - it is a standard, iirc it was done for digital mobile phones.

Integratig with zour software is another thing, though - so for the 3cx phone szstem zou need to buz them from 3cx, as there is no way I know to get zour own codecs to work within 3cx, so a license from someone else would be - useless.

6. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello
    I'M ASKING ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO EXPLAN TO CUSTOMERS AND KNOW THE PRODUCT VERY WELL

EXTENSION TO EXTENSION = 1 OR 2 CALL AND IS IT USE G29 LICENSES OR NOT
    EXTERNAL VOIP TO EXTENSION = 1 OR 2 CALL AND IS IT USE G29 LICENSES OR NOT
    EXTERNAL PSTN GATEWAY TO EXTENSION = 1 OR 2 CALL AND IS IT USE G29 LICENSES OR NOT
    AND IF A DEFFERENT IN VICE VERSA TELL ME
    THANK YOU

7. SIPfun

Ahhh.. My take from the comparison chart was that the 8 calls, referred to the incoming/outgoing CALLS -- not internal calls. I have no way to test that though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.