8 Port Gateway - Patton or other?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by charris, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charris

Hi, new to the forum. I am planning to deploy a 3CX system for our office (15-20 extensions) for our own use but also to test if and see if can start selling it our customers - we are a systems integrator and 3CX looks to fit our market well. I already have the system setup and working well (only internal calls) with 8 Cisco SPA525 phones.

I am now ready to add a gateway to the system and start testing real calls. We now have 8 analog lines connected to our legacy PBX so I am wondering which FXO gateway would be the most suitable for 3CX. I would prefer to get the Patton Smartnode 4114 because it is a preferred gateway and from everything I have been reading it is the most compatible and the most reliable to work with 3CX. My problem is that I need 8 lines so what should I do: Get 2 x Patton Smartnode 4114 or is there another option? From a brief look on the Patton website it seems they do not have a gateway with more than 4 FXO ports.

Lastly do I gain anything if I convert to ISDN? I have the impression that ISDN lines offer more features but if I change to ISDN would I be able to get a gateway that is similar in features and works as well as the 4114?

2. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

I just got a Grandstream 8 port one and it has been working great so far, about 3 weeks....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.