8 Remote IP Phones - Windows or Raspberry Pi 2 SBC?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by millennium2, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millennium2

Hi All,

We currently have 3CX Cloud 12.5 setup for a tenant with 8 remote IP Phones (Yealink T46G). Currently, there is only one (1) Raspberry Pi 2 at the remote site functioning as a SBC controller. Several times a week, the tenant reports calls suddenly dropping. I am aware that 3CX states that Raspberry Pi 2 only supports up to 5 remote IP phones, so I am thinking of putting a Windows based SBC controller using a spare Shuttle XS35V2 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856101118) we have lying around, installed with a 32GB SSD and running Windows 7 along with 3CX SBC for Windows.

My question is, I've heard a lot of feedback that Windows based SBC controllers are a bit buggy and requires constant management (i.e. reboots, restarts of SBC service, etc). Would it be better (and is it possible) to install a second Raspberry Pi 2 SBC controller at the remote site, and put 4 phones on one Raspberry Pi 2 controller, and the remainder 4 phones on the other one (both Raspberry Pi controllers at the same site)?

Looking for the most stable solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I would think that if you were to have two SBCs at one location then each would have to be behind a different router, each with it's own public IP. It might be possible to set each to use a different port, and some port forwarding jiggery pokery, in the router, but I don't recall seeing a post where someone has tried that. You could be the first..:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.