Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

8 Remote IP Phones - Windows or Raspberry Pi 2 SBC?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by millennium2, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millennium2

Hi All,

We currently have 3CX Cloud 12.5 setup for a tenant with 8 remote IP Phones (Yealink T46G). Currently, there is only one (1) Raspberry Pi 2 at the remote site functioning as a SBC controller. Several times a week, the tenant reports calls suddenly dropping. I am aware that 3CX states that Raspberry Pi 2 only supports up to 5 remote IP phones, so I am thinking of putting a Windows based SBC controller using a spare Shuttle XS35V2 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856101118) we have lying around, installed with a 32GB SSD and running Windows 7 along with 3CX SBC for Windows.

My question is, I've heard a lot of feedback that Windows based SBC controllers are a bit buggy and requires constant management (i.e. reboots, restarts of SBC service, etc). Would it be better (and is it possible) to install a second Raspberry Pi 2 SBC controller at the remote site, and put 4 phones on one Raspberry Pi 2 controller, and the remainder 4 phones on the other one (both Raspberry Pi controllers at the same site)?

Looking for the most stable solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I would think that if you were to have two SBCs at one location then each would have to be behind a different router, each with it's own public IP. It might be possible to set each to use a different port, and some port forwarding jiggery pokery, in the router, but I don't recall seeing a post where someone has tried that. You could be the first..:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.