8 to 9 upgrade questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Coldfirex, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldfirex

Howdy all,
    We are currently running a build of version 8 and are wanting to upgrade to v9 SP4. From what I have read the recommended way to do this is to use the backup utility, uninstall 3Cx, install the new version, and then restore from backup. Is this still the recommended way?

Also, we are using Call Recordings for all of our calls. Will we need to include this in the backup/restore process? I started a backup with them included and it was still running 6 hours later.

Thanks!
    Alan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

From what i recall during my upgrade, you will be asked (or it will just be done for you) to uninstall the previous version anyway, so you might as well do it before hand for a clean install of the new version.

If you want to keep all of your recordings, then you will probably need to do a full backup before hand. Those more familiar with recordings and their locations may have another method of just copying them to temporary directory on the harddrive and then moving them back to a 3CX directory after the new version has gone in. If that can be done it would probably speed things up a bit.

3. Coldfirex

Thanks leejor!

Would anyone else no for sure if maybe we can copy the recordings somewhere temporarily, make a full backup without the recordings, perform the upgrade, and then put the recordings back?

4. scottyork

Yes you can.

On a standard install they sit in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Recording

5. Coldfirex

Thanks! This worked great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.