800, 877,888 calls failing.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael1600, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael1600

800, 877, 888 calls seem to be failing for lack of 1 being pre pended to them. I have an out bound rule that says all 10 digit calls need to be pre pended with "1". This seems to be working for most all other numbers.
    My event log says

ID: 12294

Call or Registration to 800xxxxxxx@(Ln.10000@Flowroute) has failed.xxx.xxx.xx.xxx replied: 404 No rate for destination - support@flowroute.com; from IP:xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:xxxx

Any thoughts on why this is happening to these toll free numbers? I am using Flowroute. I have spoken with them and they seem to think that the log indicates that there in no "1" pre pended to the 800, the problem is my rule. Why would some but not all 10 digit numbers get pre pended with a "1"?

Thanks,

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using the same rule for all 11 digit (1+10D) numbers?
    Does a 3CX Activity log show the 1 prepending calls to non toll free numbers?
    Do you use any prefix when dialling?
    What about a call to Hawaii (818)? Does it go through with the 1?
    Have you tried creating a separate rule, just for (to start with) 800. Put it ahead of the "general" rule that handles all other North America toll calls.
    Have you thought about requiring the 1 to be dialled on all toll calls but not on local 10 digit numbers (if an area-code is required locally)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.