• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

8k Bitrate Audio Limit.... Anyway around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagwerksDave

Reaction score
Trying to upload decent Voicemail audio files... 8k bitrate sounds HORRIBLE... Is there any way to bypass this file squashing limit?

I'd like to use something better, and all my file are below 100MB, but the bitrate limit is blocking me... Is there ANY way around this?

For now, the requirements are what they are...

Format: WAV
Channel: Mono
Bit rate: 8 kHz
Sample: 16 bit

I thought Nicky Borg said something last week about a beta test of higher rates... so perhaps something is coming?

I hope so.... 8k audio sounds like complete poo recorded on your little sisters "Barbie Wanna-Sing" microphone.... I've seriously heard better quality audio on devices made 20+ years ago.... I have some pro-equipment to record the files with so our system sounds professionally done, but you can't tell because at 8k everything sounds like it was recorded with a $10 mic, 15+ years ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.