*9 auto answer become Ring auto answer ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by triaxe, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triaxe

Hi,

I'm searching for a possibility to transform the *9 intercom function in Ring then answer.

I'm working on V12 with about 30 Polycom IP6000 (bootrom 4, Sip 3.3.5 ).

I' try to do some modification in the IP6000 Template, but nothing happen.

Someone have an idea or advice please ?

thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not sure I follow.

The paging function allows for you to use the dial code whereby the code used in conjunction with an extension number will cause the remote extension to go off hook (answer) and you can then speak.

I assume you want this feature, but am also guessing that you are wanting an "announce" prior to the phone actually answering so that the user of the phone being paged will know this. The "announce" or "barge-in tone" is typically a setting within the phone and may be a ring or some other defined tone or sound to distinguish between a normal call and a page.

I suggest you look in the phone's web interface and see what is available and if found test it to see if the results meet your need. If there is nothing in the interface, then it is unlikely that a template mod is possible.

I do not know if you are wanting to page a single phone, groups or even all. You may also want to look at multicast paging if the need involves large groups, but again the phone will need to support the function.

You may also need to refer to the Polycom Admin Guide for the SIP version you are running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.