9 second Delay to ring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simonhoy, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonhoy

Hi.

I have recently set up a dedicated windows XP based 3CX server with 5x Cisco SPA501Gs and 1 3CX softphone. I am not running DHCP so can not auto provision with DHCP option but have put setup the manual auto provision which as added all the settings sucessfully.The 6 extension numbers are: Cisco's = 101 - 105 and the 3CX softphone is 106.

When I dial a Cisco phone from another Cisco phone it doesn't ring for 9 seconds. This happens every time and from every phone.

When i dial a Cisco phone from the 3CX it rings instantly and visa versa.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would be?

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would first suspect a misconfigured dial-plan within the phone. If you hit # after the last digit, does the call ring right way? If so, then look into crafting a proper dial-plan applicable to the numbers you dial.

If that doesn't make a difference (and 9 seconds does seem a bit excessive, even for a dial-plan issue), look in the 3CX log. That will show you what is happening with the call.

3. simonhoy

That does make a difference, It rings as soon as i hit the # after the number. can you please explain what i'm looking for to fix this?

Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you do a web search there are a number of sites that have examples, such as this one...http://forum.voxilla.com/cisco-linksys-sipura-voip-support-forum/do-craft-dial-plan-string-9511.html

The time-out, if a dial-string doesn't match a dial-plan is usually about 5 seconds, not 9 seconds. I don't have access to a phone for a couple of weeks so I can't give you the exact name of the field to check.

If you set up a dial-plan, in the phone, to cover all the numbers you call, there will be no delay after you dial your last digit.

5. simonhoy

You are quite right, it was a dial plan problem.

The 3CX recommended setting was entered "[x*]." . As my system is very simple internal calls only i have entered the new dial plan in the provisioning template of "10[0-90]" and this now works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.