• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

911 Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntnetzeband

Reaction score
I am trying to set up 911 dialing in our 3CX system. We have a headquarters office and then a few different remote sites that all connect to our 3CX server at our headquarters office. If someone dials 911 from the remote offices, however, they obviously need to be given the correct address of that site instead of our headquarters. We use Flowroute for our trunk line and when I was setting up e911 for our DIDs, you have to pay a fee per DID to have an address associated with it. We have several hundred DIDs and the fee would be pretty large.

What is the best way everyone has set up 911 dialing? I want to keep the cost as much to a minimum as possible. Is there a way to set up an outbound rule that says if someone from a certain extension group dialing 911 has a different DID than they would calling any other number? That way we could just use one DID per site for 911 dialing and save money instead of giving every single DID an e911 address.

Flowroute can do IP based registration if you have a Static IP - and multiple registrations without issue.
With that, each office would have 1 DID setup for 911 calls. Use that DID as the outbound number for 911 calls and set the outbound rule based on extensions.
We have just 1 office - but have several DID's. The IP Based Registration uses the phone number from the trunk, while calls not to 911 use the phone number in the extension and use the Password based registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.