• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

911 / emergency call

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_papa

Reaction score
Is there any way to disable external call for an extension exept emergency / 911. If we gave users a phone, they will expect to be able to do 911 with it.

In my mind... emergency call should be always handle, doesn't matter time / hour / extension restriction :)

Thx !
le_papa

Hi

Go to Settings -> Emergency Numbers and add 911.
By adding 911 to the emergency numbers, an outbound rule will be created which stands on first place.
Then you can add an outbound rule in second place which blocks all outgoing calls.
You can even make this restriction only for an extension / an extension group.

Regards
tom

If your general outbound rules are set-up to be used by the "normal" range of extensions (everyone else), say 200-299, you can give this one extension a number outside that range, say 300. It will not be able to use the outbound rules.

When planning for emergency numbers, especially it you use an outside line access digit, add a rule that will account for this.

For example if you normally dial 9+ for outside numbers, then besides the 911 rule, you may want to include a 9911, for those that add on the prefix digit by habit.

to block outgoing calls im ok, the problem is with incoming calls, I don't find a way to block it. If they know there extension, they could give the general phone number and get in the ivr to reach that extension.

Why are employees making their extension numbers known to callers to begin with, for personal calls? If so, they will find a way around anything you do, eventually if they are determined enough. If comes down to only certain employees doing this, warn them, then change their extension number.

I suppose it all depends on how you have the IVR currently set-up. If you only use single digit selection for customers, you could reduce the Timeout to 1 second. that would send the call off to a department/extension before they had much of a chance to enter additional digits. Be sure (if you don't currently do so), to have a route set-up that makes use of the first digit of existing extension numbers, even if it is set off to an extension with a voicemail message telling them that they must dial only a single digit. I'm not positive that this will work, but might be worth a try.

Thx all,
for call coming in:
i will set the extension to transfer to "0" after 1 second if not answer / buzy

for outgoing calls:
a rules that will forward the call to "0"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.