Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

911 / emergency call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by le_papa, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. le_papa

Is there any way to disable external call for an extension exept emergency / 911. If we gave users a phone, they will expect to be able to do 911 with it.

In my mind... emergency call should be always handle, doesn't matter time / hour / extension restriction :)

Thx !
    le_papa

2. tom_ch

Hi

Go to Settings -> Emergency Numbers and add 911.
    By adding 911 to the emergency numbers, an outbound rule will be created which stands on first place.
    Then you can add an outbound rule in second place which blocks all outgoing calls.
    You can even make this restriction only for an extension / an extension group.

Regards
    tom

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If your general outbound rules are set-up to be used by the "normal" range of extensions (everyone else), say 200-299, you can give this one extension a number outside that range, say 300. It will not be able to use the outbound rules.

When planning for emergency numbers, especially it you use an outside line access digit, add a rule that will account for this.

For example if you normally dial 9+ for outside numbers, then besides the 911 rule, you may want to include a 9911, for those that add on the prefix digit by habit.

4. le_papa

to block outgoing calls im ok, the problem is with incoming calls, I don't find a way to block it. If they know there extension, they could give the general phone number and get in the ivr to reach that extension.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Why are employees making their extension numbers known to callers to begin with, for personal calls? If so, they will find a way around anything you do, eventually if they are determined enough. If comes down to only certain employees doing this, warn them, then change their extension number.

I suppose it all depends on how you have the IVR currently set-up. If you only use single digit selection for customers, you could reduce the Timeout to 1 second. that would send the call off to a department/extension before they had much of a chance to enter additional digits. Be sure (if you don't currently do so), to have a route set-up that makes use of the first digit of existing extension numbers, even if it is set off to an extension with a voicemail message telling them that they must dial only a single digit. I'm not positive that this will work, but might be worth a try.

6. le_papa

Thx all,
    for call coming in:
    i will set the extension to transfer to "0" after 1 second if not answer / buzy

for outgoing calls:
    a rules that will forward the call to "0"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.