911 or Emergency Call Notification

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by lneblett, Jun 21, 2017.

911 or Emergency Call Notification 5 5 8votes
5/5, 8 votes

?

In the event of an emergency call, should 3CX dial an added extension/number & announce the details?

1. YES

100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am starting to get push back from clients and others (competing PBX vendors and inspectors) that the current 911 or emergency notification method used by 3CX (email) is not adequate nor in keeping with other systems capabilities Since Kari's Law has started to become more prevalent, the issue is that when someone dials an emergency number, the call will go out as needed, but the associated email that is sent is not in keeping with the intent of the added notification need. Other systems will dial an extension or number and will announce that a call was made and from which extension. The purpose is to make others immediately aware of the call so that in the event the caller was not able to convey their location or extent of the emergency, that the responders would have someone on site that could better direct them to where the emergency is.

The email notification is considered inadequate as no one knows that an emergency has taken place until such time as they pull the email.

southwest1 likes this.
  2. Paul Omans

I agree, especially with the daily flood of notification emails that can be possible with 50+ 3CX installs, an additional call would be an excellent addition as I would prefer to immediately be aware of any tenants that are dialing 911 so I can ensure that they were able to reach emergency services without any issues. One of the absolute worst scenarios that a phone provider such as myself can end up in is a client will be sold a phone system that advertises 911 availability and then does not work when an emergency happens and 911 is actually dialed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    southwest1 likes this.
  3. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

+1
    CRITICALLY IMPORTANT.

In addition, 3CX must allow all 911 calls even when the license limit is reached.

Brad Allison, Paul Omans and HH60 like this.