95% of my Callbacks Fail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by armour, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armour

I'm reluctant to keep the callback feature active as nearly all of my callbacks are failing. Here's what I noticed:

In the notification emails I see callbacks being requested then fail notifications coming within the next minute.
    In the reports, the majority of my call backs have a ring time of 00:00:00.

This info doesn't really help me troubleshoot it though as I can't find any detailed explanation about how a callback works.
    Is anyone having the same issues or have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enoch

We have gotten the callbacks to work for us, but there's a bunch of outbound rules required make it work. Note the settings we have created applies for our conditions only: we are in Vancouver BC. We only do callbacks within North America.

First in Call Queue, our Callback Outbound Prefix is "10"

Outbound Rule in Order:
    1) Calls to numbers starting with prefix "101604" with Calls to Numbers with a length of "13" > Route "your calling gateway" Strip Digits "2"
    2) Calls to numbers starting with prefix "101778" with Calls to Numbers with a length of "13" > Route "your calling gateway" Strip Digits "2"
    3) Calls to numbers starting with prefix "101" with Calls to Numbers with a length of "13" > Route "your calling gateway" Strip Digits "2"
    4) Calls to numbers starting with prefix "10604" with Calls to Numbers with a length of "12" > Route "your calling gateway" Strip Digits "2"
    5) Calls to numbers starting with prefix "10778" with Calls to Numbers with a length of "12" > Route "your calling gateway" Strip Digits "2"
    6) Calls to numbers starting with prefix "10" with Calls to Numbers with a length of "12" > Route "your calling gateway" Strip Digits "2" and Prepend "1"

Hope this helps and inspire you with your own rules.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am guessing the callback feature from the queue?

Enoch has the idea correct. The issue is that the callback is based upon what or how the caller's CID was delivered and how the system has to take and manipulate the received CID to be compatible with the outbound carrier's requirements. If using PSTN connections you may have to take a local number that was delivered to you as a 10 digit CID and develop rules that then turn it into a 7 digit number. It can much more complex as for example, there may be a CID with an area code of 123, and you may be located within area code 123, but not all 123 area code calls are local and some carriers may not require the leading 1 when dialing long-distance but may only want the 123-xxx-xxxx.

If using SIP, some carriers send CID with a leading "+" sign to conform to the e164 standard. When sending back out, the "+" could be a problem. However, using SIP for outbound calling usually entails having a set format regardless of local or long-distance and the editing may be much less involved.

Whatever the carrier you use, you simply have to set-up the rules to take a received number and format it such that when sent back out, it complies with the carriers dialing requirements.

4. armour

Thanks for the help guys and the outbound call rules Enoch! We're in Alberta and only need to cover off calls within North America so this is going to be a great template to get me started on my own outbound rules. I've disabled callbacks for now and will post my results when I finish my outbound rules. Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.