Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

9999 ext has been hacked. V6

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nahidul, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nahidul

Greetings.

Someone hacked into my 9999 ext and making oversease phone calls. How do I stop it please? How do I change the password for 9999? How do I disable 9999 ext?

Please help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Re: 9999 ext has been hacked

If you are using 3CXPhoneSystem v10 goto Settings >> General >> Global Options and remove the tick behind “Enable Outgoing calls in Voicemail Menu”

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nahidul

Hello.

I forgot to mention that I am using the older v6. Please help.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may also want to reconsider how much information you post (about yourself) on-line. It increases your risk of being a target of unscrupulous people that have a lot of time on their hands.

You may also want to upgrade to version 10 as it has a number of security features.

5. nahidul

Hello.

Now I see 8888 is being used to make phone calls. Any way I can stop this for v6? Thanks in advance for help.

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Put a router in front of the 3cx and block all external requests to your 3cx system. You may allow only trusted addresses or use VPN tunnels. Mikrotik is inexpensive and powerful choice.
    Consider also upgrade (purchase of new licenses in your case) to version 10, which is self-protected.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.