• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

A few comments/ideas on V15

Status
Not open for further replies.

xirgo

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hey all!

I've been running on V15 for the last couple weeks now using the Linux version of 3CX PBX. I must say I was very excited to hear that 3CX was moving forward with linux support!

The new layout in V15 is much more pleasant and easier to work with, at least so far. Things such as logs/events are much more clear so troubleshooting is more simple.

A few things I was disappointed with is the lack of the multi-tenant feature. I understand that there are methods to use a single IP for many instances however the built in multi-tenant feature that was in v14 is no longer available in v15 and this is a little saddening.

I've been wondering if you guys have looked into potentially using something like docker as an alternative to allow for a return of the multi tenant solution for 3CX linux pbx.

I plan on doing some testing on my own using docker to see if there are any limitations going this direction.

On a last note I would like to understand why there are no option to select multiple phone firmware's in the updates section. There is a check all box for everything else except for the phone firmware's. Currently I have to select one at a time and download one at a time. Would be nice to at least have the option to select multiple firmware to download at the same time. I may be doing overseeing something so if I am please feel free to correct me!

This is all the feedback I have for the time being. Great job guys!

* they are exploring the options with linux containers and may implement this in the future.
* i was also informed that docker is not voip capable although I do not now the reason for that - because also docker is a linux container in the end.

xirgo said:
Would be nice to at least have the option to select multiple firmware to download at the same time. I may be doing overseeing something so if I am please feel free to correct me!

This is all the feedback I have for the time being. Great job guys!
download-all-phone-firmware-45890.html

I have problem downloading 3cxphonefor windows on linux, several times i tried to download it but nothing happens. It's appearing all the time in updates

Thanks Sopock,

I've upvoted your link!

Hopefully they get this solved in SP3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.