A New Bigger and Better FREE Licence with V15.5 Update 3

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nb, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 nb, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2018 at 12:04 PM
    AH2 and Arne Bolen like this.
  2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Christmas comes early this year :):):)

Nick Galea, StefanW and agp like this.
  3. marcusjclifford

Can you just confirm my reading of the article and version information:

Currently I have: Product: Standard Perpetual Version Number: 15.5.0

I have my own FQDN and use my corporate SMTP server.

From reading the Edition Comparison https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison/ it now seems I will loose the ability to have my own FQDN and SMTP server:

Custom SMTP Server - Only 3CX SMTP
    Custom FQDN - Only 3CX FQDN

Or have I (hopefully) read this wrong?

choimarc likes this.
  4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Interesting about Grandstream. I'm not interested in their phones (I'm a Yealink fan), any plans though on their Analog Gateways FXO and FXS being supported again? I still have some customers running the 4 and 8 port gateways that they purchased when it was a supported product. They are 1/2 the price of the Patton and with the Yealink phones they actually sound better on a Grandstream FXO than the Patton FXO Gateways.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We stand by the deal we made with you at the time, therefore you can remain using them unless fqdn unbound or once switched to our smtp service.

6. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

Let’s say, we look into what we can do and which devices. But it is not just up to us. Tango is danced with two. So no promises...

CentrexJ likes this.
  7. JonnyM

Hi Stefan,

If my current license is:

Product: 3CX Phone System Standard
    Version: 15.5.50
    Primary Licenses: 8 Sim.Calls

Then what do I lose by dropping down to the free 16 simultaneous calls license? Is there a comparison between the free and standard licenses anywhere that I can read?

Currently renewing the maintenance each year but confused whether there's any benefit to doing this.

Thanks

8. advanced25

Wait what? No custom FQDN or SMTP sever in Standard? What about hosting partners that want to use standard, can we not use our own domains anymore for new clients?

9. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

If you where on the PBXedition you got more. If you where on a regular std edition you keep what you had. Always renew to keep the services up!

10. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

On new customers no. This part needs pro and up. Still less hassle For you,when your provided certs runs out, ours just work as long you have MA. Win Win

11. marcusjclifford

Hmm... so basically the Pro version is the new Standard in terms of FQDN and SMTP.

I do have to ask why you force the use of your SMTP servers... its not like you want to read the contents of our email being send (including possibly voice mail recordings is it... That would be *most* unfortunate.

Also, you reveal the truth... regarding the FQDN certificates. "Ours just work as long as you have a Maintenance agreement" - in other words, we give you this free thing, but you have to pay to actually make it work. - If we don't have a maintenance agreement what happens after 1 year?

12. Martin.AIR

I'm interested in the 24 and 48 port gateways. Templates already exist, and grandstream has been known to write templates for 3cx and give them out. I think you will find that GS is very willing to work with you.

Specifically, the GXW4016, GXW4024, GXW4048.

I can certainly attach the templates we have.

13. vizualpro

"Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again."

This system is in production, has internet, and working fine; however, I'm not able to check for updates! Ahhh!

14. poynter.net

#14 poynter.net, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  15. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Several customers on Win Server 2012 and Debian 8 complain that SP3 breaks down the PBX -- either phones (supported models) are not registering or constantly ringing themselves. No complains about Debian 9 installments until now.

16. digiteo

Quote:
    "
    Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again."

This system is in production, has internet, and working fine; however, I'm not able to check for updates! Ahhh!
    "
    Mee too with a lot of 3CX Installation....
    With my 3CX installation I've upgrade from command line in debian.

17. advanced25

It should be taken into consideration that your hosting partners may do a lot of work to brand their product as well as create customer portals for their products using our own domains and URLs. We need to maintain custom FQDNs because it's part of our branding strategy. Making us pay more for no additional features other than keeping our branding does not feel like a win/win.

I am guessing that hosting partners generate a good amount of revenue for 3CX and they might also be the most technical partners, which means lower number of support calls. I hope 3CX is thinking about how to help make those partners successful. We're a bit fatigued from some of the unusual surprise changes that occur release to release. We love the innovation, but we also need product consistency. I'm happy to discuss this further if more details are needed.

DSXDATA, synertic and us1 like this.
  18. cylosoft

I'm getting that also on just 1 system. Nslookup to downloads.3cx.com is working.

19. Vahur

Same here!

20. Greg1122

Same here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.