• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

A New Bigger and Better FREE Licence with V15.5 Update 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nb

Support Team
Reaction score
Update 3 is here and with it comes a new free licence. We’re now offering Standard 3CX licences for up to 16 simultaneous calls (approx. 50 extensions) absolutely free!

Up to 16 Sim. Calls Free - Hosted or Not!​

What comes with a Standard licence? Unlimited SIP Trunks, 25 free web conferencing participants, unlimited extension...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AH2 and Arne Bolen
Christmas comes early this year :):):)

Interesting about Grandstream. I'm not interested in their phones (I'm a Yealink fan), any plans though on their Analog Gateways FXO and FXS being supported again? I still have some customers running the 4 and 8 port gateways that they purchased when it was a supported product. They are 1/2 the price of the Patton and with the Yealink phones they actually sound better on a Grandstream FXO than the Patton FXO Gateways.

Can you just confirm my reading of the article and version information:

Currently I have: Product: Standard Perpetual Version Number: 15.5.0

I have my own FQDN and use my corporate SMTP server.

From reading the Edition Comparison https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/ it now seems I will loose the ability to have my own FQDN and SMTP server:

Custom SMTP Server - Only 3CX SMTP
Custom FQDN - Only 3CX FQDN

Or have I (hopefully) read this wrong?

We stand by the deal we made with you at the time, therefore you can remain using them unless fqdn unbound or once switched to our smtp service.

Interesting about Grandstream. I'm not interested in their phones (I'm a Yealink fan), any plans though on their Analog Gateways FXO and FXS being supported again? I still have some customers running the 4 and 8 port gateways that they purchased when it was a supported product. They are 1/2 the price of the Patton and with the Yealink phones they actually sound better on a Grandstream FXO than the Patton FXO Gateways.

Let’s say, we look into what we can do and which devices. But it is not just up to us. Tango is danced with two. So no promises...

Reactions: CentrexJ
Hi Stefan,

If my current license is:

Product: 3CX Phone System Standard
Version: 15.5.50
Primary Licenses: 8 Sim.Calls

Then what do I lose by dropping down to the free 16 simultaneous calls license? Is there a comparison between the free and standard licenses anywhere that I can read?

Currently renewing the maintenance each year but confused whether there's any benefit to doing this.

Thanks

Wait what? No custom FQDN or SMTP sever in Standard? What about hosting partners that want to use standard, can we not use our own domains anymore for new clients?

Hi Stefan,

If my current license is:

Product: 3CX Phone System Standard
Version: 15.5.50
Primary Licenses: 8 Sim.Calls

Then what do I lose by dropping down to the free 16 simultaneous calls license? Is there a comparison between the free and standard licenses anywhere that I can read?

Currently renewing the maintenance each year but confused whether there's any benefit to doing this.

Thanks

If you where on the PBXedition you got more. If you where on a regular std edition you keep what you had. Always renew to keep the services up!

Wait what? No custom FQDN or SMTP sever in Standard? What about hosting partners that want to use standard, can we not use our own domains anymore for new clients?

On new customers no. This part needs pro and up. Still less hassle For you,when your provided certs runs out, ours just work as long you have MA. Win Win

Let’s say, we look into what we can do and which devices. But it is not just up to us. Tango is danced with two. So no promises...
I'm interested in the 24 and 48 port gateways. Templates already exist, and grandstream has been known to write templates for 3cx and give them out. I think you will find that GS is very willing to work with you.

Specifically, the GXW4016, GXW4024, GXW4048.

I can certainly attach the templates we have.

"Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again."

This system is in production, has internet, and working fine; however, I'm not able to check for updates! Ahhh!

Last edited:
Several customers on Win Server 2012 and Debian 8 complain that SP3 breaks down the PBX -- either phones (supported models) are not registering or constantly ringing themselves. No complains about Debian 9 installments until now.

Quote:
"
Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again."

This system is in production, has internet, and working fine; however, I'm not able to check for updates! Ahhh!
"
Mee too with a lot of 3CX Installation....
With my 3CX installation I've upgrade from command line in debian.

On new customers no. This part needs pro and up. Still less hassle For you when your provided certs runs out, ours just work as long u have MA. Win Win

It should be taken into consideration that your hosting partners may do a lot of work to brand their product as well as create customer portals for their products using our own domains and URLs. We need to maintain custom FQDNs because it's part of our branding strategy. Making us pay more for no additional features other than keeping our branding does not feel like a win/win.

I am guessing that hosting partners generate a good amount of revenue for 3CX and they might also be the most technical partners, which means lower number of support calls. I hope 3CX is thinking about how to help make those partners successful. We're a bit fatigued from some of the unusual surprise changes that occur release to release. We love the innovation, but we also need product consistency. I'm happy to discuss this further if more details are needed.

"Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again."

I'm getting that also on just 1 system. Nslookup to downloads.3cx.com is working.

Same here!

Currently I have: Standard Perpetual 4SC 15.5.0

Can I upgrade to a Standard Annual 4SC license?

Last edited:
It should be taken into consideration that your hosting partners may do a lot of work to brand their product as well as create customer portals for their products using our own domains and URLs. We need to maintain custom FQDNs because it's part of our branding strategy. Making us pay more for no additional features other than keeping our branding does not feel like a win/win.

I am guessing that hosting partners generate a good amount of revenue for 3CX and they might also be the most technical partners, which means lower number of support calls. I hope 3CX is thinking about how to help make those partners successful. We're a bit fatigued from some of the unusual surprise changes that occur release to release. We love the innovation, but we also need product consistency. I'm happy to discuss this further if more details are needed.

I couldn't agree more with this. I'm also a partner and implementing this change into a service pack release is unbelievable.

Reactions: DSXDATA and us1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.