a page puts call on hold

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mikeradio, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeradio

Hello

3cx V10 SP5
    Cisco Spa525G Phones 7.4.9.c

I have the phones set to auto answer a page, what we do is park the call, then page the phone to let the person know a call is on hold for them. Having the phone set to auto answer page allows the page to be hands free two-way audio. If the user is on a call and a page comes in the phone automaticly place the call on hold and answers the page. The phone should give priority to the call not the page.

Thank you

Mike

2. efounco

efounco New Member

There are a couple ways of resolving/working around this issue with the SPA50x phones.

1. Uncheck the "I want to be able to receive more than 1 call at a time - use Phone Status" option for the extension inside of 3CX.

2. In the phone's "admin/advanced/ext1" WEB interface, set "Auto Ans Page On Active Call:" to "no"

3. Add "<Auto_Ans_Page_On_Active_Call_1_ group="Ext_1/Call_Feature_Settings">No</Auto_Ans_Page_On_Active_Call_1_>" to the Cisco 50x provisioning template and reprovision the phones.

4. If you're OK with the phone's built-in multicast feature (one-way audio only), simply dial 800# (the extension setup by default) and announce the caller. This will send a multicast page to all of the phones without interrupting current calls. This feature only works with SPA50x phones; you can configure the extension inside the phone's WEB interface.

3. mikeradio

Thank you efounco for your reply

I did option 3 adding the setting to my provisioning template and it work perfectly

Thanks for the help

4. matrix1

Tfounco's option 3 is great, any idea how to accomplish the same with Yealink's?

5. rbc94

We have the yealink t28's and i ran into this problem too. there is an option in the phone settings for "intercom barge". turn this to off and it fixes the problem.

6. countrycomp

We have Yealink T28's at our clients sites and found the same problem when we started using multicast paging. For Multicast you need to set Multicast Paging priority to disabled which we did in the provisioning template. It is possible to set up to ten paging addresses with different priorities and only allow barge in from the priority levels that you select. You also need to set the multicast Paging Group to use that IP address/port and add that to the Contact list in the desired spot.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Looking forward to MultiCast paging in the T3x... We are feeling crippled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Are you looking for these settings?

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

No - the Yealink T38 doesn't currently support Multicast. After extensive conversations with China - they will be adding it to a firmware due out later this month.

10. EricPatterson

Craig,
    I am trying to find the multicast setting in the new v38.70.0.80 firmware for the Yealinik T38s.
    Can you confirm that the setting has not been added to the firmware yet?
    This is something I would like to get set up as soon as possible.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.