Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved A second DID to FAX server with alternative email destination

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by empire4, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. empire4

I have my 3CX FAX server configured with one DID and is forwarded to a mail ID. It is working fine. Now want to add another DID where all incoming FAXs to this DID should go to another mail ID. I can add multiple DIDs to the FAX server but can't find a way to forward the FAXs to another Mail ID. Is this even possible?

2. tim942

Easy,
    You create an inbound rule for that number and you have the destination as 'Send FAX to' with the extensions mailbox you want to use. You may or may not have to create a dummy extension just to get a mailbox.

Neonjoe likes this.
  3. Neonjoe

Yep, what Tim said. Create a new extension, have the email address for that extension be the address you want faxes going to. On the inbound rule for the 2nd DID, set it to Send FAX to and choose that new extension.

stefanprasch likes this.
  4. empire4

Thank you guys, much appreciated. Let my try it and get back..
    BR,

5. Flash99

Are you sure its going to convert FAX to email this way ?
    I was under impression that "Send FAX to" was for forwarding FAXes to ATA with real FAX machines attached and not for conversion to emails
    If it will convert to email then why there is a separate FAX server setting under "Settings" ?

6. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Put an email address on an extension and it will show up as an option to "Send fax to" in inbound rules.

stefanprasch likes this.
  7. Flash99

I know it shows and I tried it, but at least for me its not working. All test FAXes are failing with "communication error"

8. tim942

Are you faxing from an outside line? I've never had success with testing external numbers from within 3CX. I've always had to go to my Library and take advantage of their fax.

I've tested this before in my environment, but it was sending all calls into the fax server (I've had other systems that could negotiate fax or not and was hoping 3CX had the capability).

9. Bryan Gottschalk

Your sip provider needs to support pass through or you need to enable "Enable G.711 to T.38 ...." and see if that fixes it. Either way, your sip provider need to support it. The enable option is on the fax server setup in settings. This may or may not work, it is still beta. If your doing pass through then your SIP must support it. Fax pass thru that is. Mine does not so I had issues here and there with it.

10. empire4

BTW, it has worked, Thank you.

11. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.