Aastra 480i and Aastra 9133i Provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pscs, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pscs

Hi, we've got an Aastra 480i that we've had for a few years, and just got 3CX. (I think) I've got the provisioning working with it, but here are my experiences...

- The Aastra 480i can't provision using HTTP on a non standard port. So, I just bound the 3CX website IIS onto port 80 as well as port 5000 for the provisioning to work
    - The standard 'Aastra' template *almost* works, but there are a few important changes to make it work fully: blfxfer and speeddialxfer softkey types dont work, they need to be blf and speeddial; there seems to be a maximum config file size limit, so I had to remove lots of comments and unwanted junk; some parameters which are now line specific were global
    - the language settings seem to be different from later versions, so the 'Aastra' template was setting the language to French...
    - I couldn't get the DHCP option 66 'trick' to get the 480i to provision from an HTTP server. It works fine for TFTP, but not for HTTP. So, I manually set that setting in the phone. Theoretically I could run a TFTP server off the 3CX provisioning directory, and do it that way, but I couldn't be bothered at the moment, given that we've just got 3 phones.

I've attached the template file we used. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it works for me

Also, we have some Aastra 9133i phones as well. Those needed the same changes as above, plus a few more (they use 'prgkey' instead of 'softkey' for their programmable keys). I've attached that as well,. Hopefully these templates will be useful to someone.

Attached Files:

2. Ian Joyce

Thanks for this, I do run into people using these phones and I am sure this will help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. regomotiv

pscs,

On the 480i, does the "Icom" (intercom) button work for you?

thx to Ian for pointing me to this link

4. pscs

Sorry - I don't know what the 'icom' buttom does, as I've never used it, so I don't know if it works with 3CX or not.

5. regomotiv

The "lcom" is for Intercom
    Normally, upon hitting the lcom button, the dial tone comes on (via speakerphone), you dial an extension & you can have hands free 2 way communication or pickup the handset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.