Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Aastra 480i on 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by regomotiv, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regomotiv

Even though the 480 is an "old" phone, it's being used as part of a Fonality system that I'd like to convert to 3CX

Is anyone using Aastra 480i on 3CX?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you see....https://sites.google.com/a/3cx.com/3cx-wiki/phone-configuration/vendor-supported/aastra-1

3. regomotiv

Yes, I did. (Thx for the link)
    Those were the instructions I used & the phone does work.
    Some of the extra function buttons do not work, that's the main reason for my post.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Some of the extra/special functions not working properly (things other than "basic" functions), are one of the drawbacks of using older sets, or those not specificity tested (approved) to work with 3CX. And by "work", I mean all of the functions people will usually require in day to day operations.

If you list the functions you are having trouble with, perhaps someone more familiar with the set can offer suggestions or work-arounds.

One of the problems is that some sets were designed to work with specific PBX's or services and may not adhere to open SIP standards. Unless there has been a new firmware release that changes the function of a specific key(s), you may be out of luck getting it to do what you want.

5. regomotiv

That's kinda what I was hoping for, that someone out there was using this phone & figured out how to "fix" the extra functions.

The last fw release on this phone was from '08

6. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    I have an Aastra 9133i working on 3CX - for some time now. I use the buttons no problem. I can have a look at mine if that will help?

Kind regards
    Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.