• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Aastra 5xi BLF

Status
Not open for further replies.

comresource

Reaction score
I have been having an ongoing issue with my BLF lamps on some Aastra 5xi phones where randomly the lamp was not being turned off once the monitored extension hangs up. I ran a sniffer trace and found that the SIP NOTIFY to turn off the lamp was receiving a

"SIP STATUS : 500 CSeq Number Out of order"

The problem is that any future other calls from the monitored extension does not send any SIP NOTIFY packets after that point. So I cant attempt to fix it by initating another call. Its like it just forgets about the BLF entirely.

Any suggestions on this?

What is the source which triggers the "SIP STATUS : 500 CSeq Number Out of order"? Do you have any logs from the "other side of force"?

Thanks

SY said:
What is the source which triggers the "SIP STATUS : 500 CSeq Number Out of order"? Do you have any logs from the "other side of force"?

Thanks

The source that triggers the message is the phone, it complained about the SIP NOTIFY from 3CX to turn off the BLF Lamp. I did a bit of digging and found a parameter that can be enabled in the aastra config file as follows...

Code:
Ignore Out of Order SIP Requests
Parameter– sip accept out of order requests
Configuration Files aastra.cfg, <mac>.cfg
Description Enables a workaround for non-compliant SIP devices (for example, Asterisk) 
which do not increment the CSeq numbers in SIP requests sent to the phone. 
Format Boolean
Default Value 0 (disabled)
Range 0 (disabled)
1 (enabled)
Example sip accept out of order requests: 1

I will do some testing to see if this fixes things.

EDIT: Just realized I put this in the wrong forum. if it could be moved to General that would be appreciated.

Thanks

comresource said:
SY said:

Thanks

The source that triggers the message is the phone, it complained about the SIP NOTIFY from 3CX to turn off the BLF Lamp. I did a bit of digging and found a parameter that can be enabled in the aastra config file as follows...

Code:
Ignore Out of Order SIP Requests
Parameter– sip accept out of order requests
Configuration Files aastra.cfg, <mac>.cfg
Description Enables a workaround for non-compliant SIP devices (for example, Asterisk) 
which do not increment the CSeq numbers in SIP requests sent to the phone. 
Format Boolean
Default Value 0 (disabled)
Range 0 (disabled)
1 (enabled)
Example sip accept out of order requests: 1

I will do some testing to see if this fixes things.

The phone just specifies its own behavior in the log... The source of SIP NOTIFY is the PBX. PBX should provide log of activity at the same time.
I think it is very useful set of information to start investigation.

Thanks
P.S. I'm not a moderator of this forum, sorry.

After making the change I have been unable to recreate the problem.

If you still want the wireshark dump of the instance where I received the error let me know.

comresource said:
After making the change I have been unable to recreate the problem.

If you still want the wireshark dump of the instance where I received the error let me know.

I've requested it in my previous posts :)

I'm glad to know that you resolve the problem

Thanks

Packets of interest are

19: First Notify to turn on lamp
21: OK from phone

61: Second Notify to turn off lamp
65: CSeq number out of order.

Attachments

• blffail.zip
    23.8 KB · Views: 143
Hi Danny,

Thanks a lot for the information. We will investigate it. Do you have 3CXPhoneSystem.trace.log? It just to have some additional information from PBX side.

Thanks

Here it is.

Oops. FIle to big to attach. Have an email address?

Actually looking it over it looks like the infor from yesterday is no longer in the log.

comresource said:
Here it is.

Oops. FIle to big to attach. Have an email address?

Actually looking it over it looks like the infor from yesterday is no longer in the log.

Ok. forget about this file.
If you have any hints how to setup environment to replicate this problem then please provide it.

Thanks

Using 2 Aastra 5xi phones with BLF on one to monitor the other.

It would happen most often if I would dial something from the monitored phone but hang up when I would hear the first ring. The BLF lamp on the other phone would light...but not go out when I hung up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.