Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Aastra 6730i & 6731i

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garyjduk, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyjduk

Does anyone know how to reprogramme the Save & Delete programmable keys on these phones?

I factory resetted the phones and entered the UI with the default 'admin' and '22222' and they are greyed out and cannot be changed.

It states in the Aastra User manual that:-

Your System Administrator can make the Save and Delete keys (Keys 5 and 6) programmable keys with the
    same functions that are available for the other programmable keys.

Once the Save and Delete keys are made configurable, you can change the function of the keys
    using the Aastra Web UI.

There seems to be nothing in the phone menu system to do this. Can this only be done through provisioning?

I asked the same question of Aastra Support who said:-

"If you have not been given rights to make this change you will need to go back to the Administrator to give you more access….. "

Give me more access to what?? It's one phone connected to my router. (I have full access and I am the administrator)????
    I then asked Aastra Support to clarify and they came back with this??

"The default login can be changed… as it sounds like you have limited access and only an full administrator can change this."

As much use as an astray on a motorbike!!

Thanks

2. dab

dab

Check the administration manual. There are examples to do this.
    Take the 3CX default configuration file you can create and extend this manually with the needed settings from the manual the set the "special" keys.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mhanson

mhanson New Member

I actually wrote an article about this

http://www.voipstore.com/how-to-unlock-aastra-6730i6731i-programmable-keys/

Please see that article. It will show you how to unlock these phones

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. garyjduk

Thanks Matthew - exactly what I was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.