Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Aastra 6755i BLF Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by running, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. running

Running 3CX with aastra template for 6755i, tried 3.2, 3.2.2, 2.6 frimware for aastra phone, here is the issue.

Call comes through I answer and put on park, blf light lights up normally, I can do this at will the FIRST time a call comes in.

Any other call after this when I put call on park the BLF does not light up at all even though the call is parked. We can pickup and park calls but light does not illuminate anymore.

We have to reboot phone in order to get it working again, only to have it repeat the issue.

Any ideas?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What blf setting?
    I use blf/xfer on my Aastra.I think 6753

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. running

Yep using that setting, what version of 3cx are you running v10 SP6?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Installed v11 beta. Sometimes I do get a stuck red light after park is answered. I have decided to drop the aastras from the install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. running

Ok, just wanted to make sure I was not going out of my mind, why can't stuff just work!!! Ahhhh

6. DBOD

I just upgraded all the 6755i firmware to 3.2.2.2104 and my BLF issues seem to have gone away for me. At least for the past six hours. Finally!

7. DBOD

More tips on Aastra 6755i BLF problems.In pursuit of solutions to my problems I have come up with a number of suggestions that say to increase the BLF subscription frequency of the Aastra phones as a poor man's solution to the problem of lights not being in the correct state. Ultimately than is not a great solution but I understand why one would attempt it. Let me tell you about my problems implementing it.

To start with the 3CX template for the Aastra 6755i appears to either for an older firmware version or just wrong. I am running firmware version 3.2.2.2014 and the BLFs work much better. Much earlier versions of the firmware resulted in SIP Notify messages not coming from the PBX 3CX server after some time. The 3CX template for the Aastra phone attempts to set the BLF subscription period with the following statement.

sip line1 blf subscription period: 900

This does nothing to my phones. In fact the phone reverts to the default 3600. The blf subscription in my phones is under the "Global Sip" setting via the web user interface. It does not appear under per line settings. The current version of the Aastra Administrators manual says the appropriate syntax is

sip blf subscription period: 900

This does work except for one strange situation. There are many ways to change parameters in the Aastra phones and weird heirarchical rules. If you go into phone via the web interface and manually change this parameter as an administrator, you can not overwrite it with the configuration file. Unless, your precede the instruction with a "^". So a more full proof method is

^sip blf subscription period: 900

Also remember the minimum time period is 120 else it is supposed to revert to the default 3600.

Happy BLFing! Have I mentioned how irritated I am about 3CX reducing support for Aastra. I might have to find another solution eventually. Time is on my side. I deliberately chose 3CX Callcentric and Aastra for compatibility and I am feeling unloved with this version and new policy. And BLFs are crucial to me. I love 3CX but would not recommend it for the Aastra phones until 3CX gives it proper support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.