Aastra 6755i Configuration File cannot be read!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by smcmickle, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smcmickle

Hello all,

I am trying to get the web UI to have the phone take the configuration file that I have made, but the Admin guide for the firmware version I am using has a completely different UI it seems.

Everytime I try to put in the HTTP server and the location of the file, after I save and reset the phone, the HTTP server automatically goes back to default and my system log tells me that the file is not on the server... I know I have the right pathname, I have provisioned many phones already... This one seems to be giving me issues though. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

[​IMG]

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Try flashing the latest firmware from Aastra website. I had some similar Aastra problems with some custom firmwares.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Try flashing the latest firmware from Aastra website. I had some similar Aastra problems with some custom firmwares.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

If the firmware is different from the other phones and this one handset is the only giving you issues I'd say a good place to start is updating the firmware to the same version and the other phones and then attempt uploadling your config file.

5. smcmickle

Sorry, let me clarify a little bit.

Currently using
    Firmware Version 3.2.2.2088

from the website. This is my first Aastra phone I have worked with. I've provisioned Cisco phones before, but the UI was different.

Thanks again for the help and replies!

-Sean

6. DBOD

The image you posted looks like it is populated with the information it reverts to on power up because the http server information for the folder and port are not the default for 3CX. You can change the folder but not easily and the port I believe is fixed at 5000. Now assuming that is not the issue...

I have a number of Aastra 55i phones that were previously used in a proprietary 8X8 or Packet 8 system and they came with the same issue. Force the phone into "web recovery mode" by holding down the # and 1 keys simultaneously. This will give you the opportunity to overide everything permanently. You will have to go in a change the configuration server page right away or it will revert again on the next reboot. Goodluck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.