Aastra 6757i and phonebook

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andk, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andk

Hi,

we have a strange issue with our 10 Aastra 6757i. Some of them have the 3CX company phonebook and the others haven't.

And today, we add an entry in the 3CX company phonebook but it's not visible in the Aastra phonebook.

All the phones have the same firmware, the same configuration server and they have an extension in 3CX...

So, what's wrong with our configuration ? Any idea ?

Thanks in advance !

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I only have a couple Aastras and they are offsite, so I will shoot you some general questions.

Do all the phones connect internally (same subnet as server) or are some remote?
    Do they all have the phonebook address entered?

Also, the phonebook is usually downloaded to the phone and refreshed on a time interval, maybe 1 hour, or 8 hours, etc. This should be configurable in the template as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You said they all use the same firmware but didn't specify which firmware.

I find Aastra phones under 3CX work best with 2.6 firmware than any of the 3.x firmware versions. The 3.x firmware isn't well tested to the 3CX templates and phonebook files.

I also find that the phones that only support 3.x firmware (6739i, 6737i, 6735i) all have issues working with the phonebook and also don't work as an external extension using stun.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.