• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Aastra 6757i and phonebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

andk

Reaction score
Hi,

we have a strange issue with our 10 Aastra 6757i. Some of them have the 3CX company phonebook and the others haven't.

And today, we add an entry in the 3CX company phonebook but it's not visible in the Aastra phonebook.

All the phones have the same firmware, the same configuration server and they have an extension in 3CX...

So, what's wrong with our configuration ? Any idea ?

Thanks in advance !

I only have a couple Aastras and they are offsite, so I will shoot you some general questions.

Do all the phones connect internally (same subnet as server) or are some remote?
Do they all have the phonebook address entered?

Also, the phonebook is usually downloaded to the phone and refreshed on a time interval, maybe 1 hour, or 8 hours, etc. This should be configurable in the template as well.

andk said:
Hi,

we have a strange issue with our 10 Aastra 6757i. Some of them have the 3CX company phonebook and the others haven't.

You said they all use the same firmware but didn't specify which firmware.

I find Aastra phones under 3CX work best with 2.6 firmware than any of the 3.x firmware versions. The 3.x firmware isn't well tested to the 3CX templates and phonebook files.

I also find that the phones that only support 3.x firmware (6739i, 6737i, 6735i) all have issues working with the phonebook and also don't work as an external extension using stun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.