Aastra Ipphone Firmware update

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by patrickrivard, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

We have searched everywhere and could not find how to update the firmware of our Aastra Ip phones.
    in the Aastra web interface for our 35iCT, under the: Firmware Update, it states: To update the firmware on the phone, the new firmware must be placed on the server defined under the Configuration Server section. Enter the server's IP address and the name of the firmware below to initiate a firmware update....
    We have tried every possible combinations we possibly can but no luck so far...

If anyone can help, or point us in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

2. tmw

tmw

Is there a firewall on the computer you are using for the tftp server (e.g. a Windows firewall)? If so, open up port 69. It was late last night when I got this to work so I opened up both UDP and TCP port 69 on my Windows XP SP2 test pc. Then I was able to upload the firmware on the 55i and 53i. You might not need both.

I wasn't able to get the upload to work from a Windows Server 2008 even with the firewall turned off, but since it isn't listed in Pumpkin, I think the server is too new for the version of Pumpkin I have.

You don't have to have the tftp server on the same computer as 3cx either. Aastra support did say to be sure the computer with tftp on has the same subnet mask and is in the same "ip space".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.