Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Aastra SIP Phone Support or Config

Discussion in 'Windows' started by patrickrivard, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

We have 21 Aastra SIP Phones models: 9480i, 9480iCT, 9143i, but they apparently are not supported in 3CX.
    My first question is; why are they not supported and second; will they ever be & if so when.
    This would be a fair chunk of money to replace all of these phones...
    Is there a way to configure them to be able to use the provisioning feature of 3CX?

Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

They look very much like a Nortel VoIP set, which may, or may not, be a good thing.

Even though a set isn't "supported" by 3CX doesn't mean that it won't work, it just means that it probably won't be easy depending on your experience with VoIP..

Supported sets, for the most part, can be automatically configured by a file created by the PBX. As long as the Aastra sets conform to SIP standards, and you can configure them manually, then there should be no reason that (at least) the "basic" features won't work. Sometimes it's getting the more advanced features working properly that can be tricky.

Your best hope is that someone else has already done the "heavy lifting" of getting these sets configured properly and responds to your post. In the meantime, i would do some searching on the web for the phone/model/3CX, to see if there isn't another site with some configuration suggestions.

3. mlump

mlump New Member

Aastra phones used to be supported by 3CX however a couple of years ago Aastra and 3CX parted ways and no longer support each other. I dont ever suspect that relationship to come back, especially after the Mitel Aastra merger. However as long as those are SIP phones you should be able to get them to work. you will probably need to build a custom provisioning template yourself however.

4. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    I know that 3CX use to support Aastra phones but did not know why they stopped...
    I would really appreciate if one can help with a config file that could be uploaded in 3Cx for support of those phones.
    Thanks

5. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

I have never used those model Aastra phones but I would try and provision using the basic Aastra template that is included with 3CX and likely it will work fine for most features.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

Thank you for the suggestion, but there is no longer a choice for a "generic" AASTRA phone in the drop down menu... You have to chose a model listed there... So which one is to be used with each of our different model...
    Thanks

7. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

I would try the 57i template. Failing that try the 31i template.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

Thanks a gain for the info but there is no choice for the 57i in the dropdown menu... (see attached)
    Only models 6730i, 6731i, 6739i, 6751i, 6753i, 6755i, 6757 are available.

Attached Files:

9. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Where in my previous message I wrote 57i, substitute 6757i. Where in my previous message I wrote 31i, substitute 6731i.

Jonathan

10. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I managed to get some 9133i units configured back when, leftovers from a Fonality instance.
    Never did get provisioning.. did manual config.
    So.. will they work? Sure, if they do SIP they will work.

Provisioning may not be available. Go manual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.