Abandoned calls/ callbacks

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by michalpro, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michalpro

Hello

I noticed a few days ago:
    * When the system does a successful callback, the abandoned call is removed from the stats and from the 3cx Phone. That was a very good feature.

Now, today, I had many successful callbacks but the 3cx shows all of them as failed and not deducting it from the abandoned call stats and phone.

Is it a bug or anything in a configuration?

2. kbrv

I would like to know this as well.

3. michalpro

Unfortunately noone is interested in resolving this. After migration to SP5 the problem persists and:

* Callback is made
    * Agent answers the call
    * During the call I get one email call has been abandoned (despite the call is outgoing)
    * After the call another email with the same number and info re abandon call (though the call is counted as 1 abandoned).

From the logs it looks like the system do not see the agent picked up the call.

I have contacted my retailer and sent them all the logs but they say it's not enough for them. Unfortunately, I cannot set up a new system from scratch and then use it (with a call centre it's impossible, i need call logs and call recordings).

As a quite succesful telecom reseller in the UK we wanted perhaps to resell the 3CX but after all those problems and forcing us to buy the support, even that not only us are complaining about the callback feature (so it's not an isolated our case), it would sound like a con for our customers, as it sounds for us now.

4. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi michalpro and thank you for contacting us

If you are going to use callback please make sure that you specify an outbound prefix for callbacks and that you have an outbound rule that matches that prefix in order for the system to match the callback. Please confirm this.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. michalpro

Yes, prefix is OK, route OK, callbacks DO work but it's showing as abandoned call and FAILED callbacks.
    From the logs it looks like the system does not know the call has been answered by the agent.
    I've got the Support Log for today, I know the number called back, I actually got this callback myself, and the system says Callback Failed.

6. kbrv

Hi, I would like to know why this is doing the same thing with my 3CX install.
    The callbacks work ! Outbound prefix and rules are good. We have tested this many times...even going so far as to call the customers number back manually after being notified that the callback has failed. In almost all cases the callback is either still currently in progress or was successful and the client was happy with the callback made. I want 3CX to stop the notifications of failed callbacks when they are successful and stop messing up the stats because of this.
    As far as I can tell >95% of successful callbacks result in a callback failed notifications being sent.

Glen Ebbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.