• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Abandoned calls during outgoing campaing

Status
Not open for further replies.

raf1

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm facing problem, that calls during outgoing campaign are made and queued (so MOH is played to called) despite agents are Busy or On Break. This ends up in Abandoned call because people hangup after couple of seconds with MOH...
It is happening even with predictive dialler disabled.

What steps should I take to avoid such situation or maybe tune some options in Dialer Parameters ? I cant figure out what meaning have this options:

Answering delay:
Service percent:
Per-call dial timeout:
Agent inactivity timeout:
Dump all received Asterisk events:
Enable overcommit of outgoing calls:

Regards
Rafa?

have you checked the second edition manual, it has most of these outlined

when running predictive or have enable over commit on you run the chance of having more calls connected than agents available, dialer should stop when no agents are available however may have dialed 2 calls for the last time an agent went to available status

this is an intended way some call centers want to run to maximize productivity

if you don't disable predictive the enable over commit, limit the number of line you use in an outbound campaign

You can get the results best for you if you adjust the settings.

You may want to consider the option of using custom recordings in your MOH. That is how you can play advertising or info messages during the hold time. This option could also help with your abandon rate.

Thx for reply!

I tried to limit line number for campaign, but even with 1 line assigned I have couple abandoned calls. Anyway my configuration is bit unusual with one agent calling only, so predictive algorithms could be deceived :) Also lowering Service percent to 80 didn't change anything...

I'll fiddle with dialler configuration, but can't find up to date manual with these options explained, could you pass me a link ?

Regards
Rafa?

If you have only one agent you can not successfully use predictive or over commit if you want no abandoned calls. If you dial any pattern other than only 1 line when available you will have abandoned calls, so you have to either add more agents probably more than 3 to get something to start to work, and will become more accurate at about 10 agents.

You also have inbound calls I assume. If only one agent if they take an inbound call and you are running an outbound call the overlap of time between placing outbound and the inbound call arriving will cause the outbound connect to go to MOH in the queue and some people will abandon.

It really depends on your business model and what type of customer experience your business requires. It is all about balancing speed to connect to agent with the next call and how often you wish to put customers on MOH.

My personal suggestion is to not run either predictive or over commit until you have more agents. I hate it when someone calls me then tries to put me on hold, without a live agent first talking to me.

You may want to run your outbound without any join or agent announcement. This will cause an immediate delivery of call to agent when the customer side picks up giving a live personal call experience to the customer.

The system works great, but you have to do some growing to utilize the more advance dialer methods.

I think the volume 2 book is paid only, unless I am mistaken. I have it and it does have some information you might want to read. I would suggest you read everything you can, download all the free items you can, and take the classes if possible for you.

All you can do to gain an understanding of how it works will pay off in time in the long run for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.