Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved ability to access shared parking from the android client

Discussion in 'Android' started by Shawn, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn

Shawn New Member

is it possible to access the shared parking orbit from android clients (i'm not talking about *0 and *1 dial codes)

i have setup shared parking blf's on our fanvil x4's and operators park calls on these sp locations but as far as i know, the android client does not have access to these locations and the only way to park a call to be accessible by the clients is transferring to *0 and picking up with *1

do we have any options to customize the android client? perhaps replace the line buttons (kinda useless in our environment) with shared parking buttons.

thanks

shawn

2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello,

- There is no way to rename or change the Lines on the Android client.
    - The only way to use Share Parking on Android client is to forward a call to a Share Parking by answering the call first and then B.Transfer to SP0.
    - You can suggest any idea to the ideas forum for up-voting and evaluation.

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Marios - how can the mobile transfer to "SP0"? I don't see an option do dial alpha characters on the mobile app.

4. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello @accentlogic,

Follow the instructions below:

1. Make a call to an Android Client
    2. While you are on the call press the Transfer button for Blind Transfer
    3. Click on the dial screen so the native Android keypad will be launch
    4. Type SP0 using the keypad and then click transfer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    accentlogic likes this.
  5. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Excellent! I did find that the "SP" portion needs to be in CAPS, so SP1, SP2, etc. Also, touching the empty space above the 3CX number pad and lines list seems to be what "click on the dial screen" means, and that did bring up the Android keyboard.

6. JMK

JMK

I originally put this in the ideas section but is more appropriate here:

I'm sure others have seen this but if not I discovered that if you import your SPn numbers into the directory that you can avoid the invalid input errors and users can transfer in and out of Shared Parks without worrying about typing uppercase. I added "_" to the name so they are displayed at the top of contacts for quick access.

To Park to SP1 from Android is: Trans/Contacts/_SP1/Call (no typing just clicks)
    To Pickup SP1 from Android is: Contacts/_SP1/Call (no typing just clicks)

Example csv

FirstName,LastName,Company,Mobile,Mobile2,Home,Home2,Business,Business2,Email,Other,BusinessFax,HomeFax,Pager
    _SP 1,,,SP1,,,,,,,,,,
    _SP 2,,,SP2,,,,,,,,,,
    _SP 3,,,SP3,,,,,,,,,,
    _SP 4,,,SP4,,,,,,,,,,

jed, Marios Neophytou and accentlogic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.