Ability to add a VLAN tag to the 3CX Phone

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by jonathandbaird, Oct 15, 2015.

Ability to add a VLAN tag to the 3CX Phone 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. jonathandbaird

It would be nice to have the ability to add a VLAN tag to the 3CX Phone so voice traffic and data traffic can be kept separate based on the VLAN tag specified. This would allow interference to be kept to a minimum when using Bluetooth headsets for example.

2. AlexHeylin

What has VLAN got to do with bluetooth headsets?

3. svar

I agree that it would be an interesting feature to have to be able to vlan tag the traffic for the 3cxphone client. it can be useful where there is a cisco insfrastructure in place so we would be able to keep voice traffic seperate from other data traffic. But I dont see what this would have to do with bluetooth. ;)

4. red45

I think he meant when using Bluetooth headsets with the 3cx soft phone. It does make sense to allow VLAN tagging for soft phone voice traffic.

5. jonathandbaird

This is exactly what I mean. Maybe I didn't need to mention the headset bit, apologies for the confusion!

6. r.towle

Just a quick thought on this - what if you are on a network with multiple VLAN's and want to be able to use CTI mode on your phone? Having the ability to move the 3CX phone in to the same VLAN as the phone would resolve a number of issues here...

7. jonot

On the VLAN subject.

I'd like to be able to set a VLAN easer for both/ether the phone or the PC port on the Phone. A number of our installs we edit the templates with VLAN information, can this be made easier though the phone provision?

We use LLDP on the switches to put phones in the correct VLAN, it would be nice to make it easier to use the PC port on the back of the phone.