Ability to announce a dedicated prompt for each extension in queue

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by baran, May 23, 2016.

Ability to announce a dedicated prompt for each extension in queue 4.7 5 3votes
4.7/5, 3 votes

1. baran

Hi! it is good if there was ability to announce a prompt for each extension in queue!
    for example if i have 10 members in a call queue (extension 100 to 106) and then a call getting connected to extension 104, a prompt announce "you're talking with extension 104" or " you're talking with Tedy Megerdchian" before the call gets connected with extension! ;) :)

Best Regards
    Tedy Megerdchian
    Baran Communication Center

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen that on another system, if not, there may be a reason. I have never encountered it before. The identity of the agents, if desired, is usually accomplished by the "answer script"..."thank you for calling ABC company, this is John, how may I help you..."
    The issue I could see arising, if a name were given, is that that particular person may not be the one to answer the phone on that day, so there would be constant maintenance (changing names), when people were sick, or on holidays.

3. baran

yes i have seen it in Avaya system. this is like what happens in voicemail greeting prompt. you can have a dedicated prompt for every extension. so i think this isn't hard for 3CX to add this feature. and then about a people that isn't present or is in holidays , the extension for that people is logged out from queue or is in DND mode. so the calls will not transferred to the agent!
    :D

4. VictorSP

Our customer asked last meeting about this option. I hope 3CX add it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lev

Lev New Member

One of our suppliers has this feature.
    As i understand extentions, they can (and should, if following the "one number concept") be applied per person and not per working-place.
    I love the softclient for this, because if someone logs himself into windows on our network, he always has his extention at his current workingplace, since it is part of the serverprovided profile.