Ability to change default double click action

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Lance Lavery, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Lance Lavery

Hi all,

Here is one feature I'm shocked hasn't been requested - Change default double click action.
    I don't know about everyone else, but I do not need to talk to my staff on the phone, we Instant Message.
    So the inability to set the default double click action or remap the sidecar contact in the desktop client to start instant messages is one huge no go for us.

Yes I understand it's a phone system, but as with any business it needs to adapt to the client. We do not use the phones that often for interoffice communications we use instant messages. Chat is faster, has a record, and fills the interoffice communications need. But the lack of customization to address this is hampering. Yes I know, after a few months my staff will get used to it, but until then we will have phones ringing off the hook as everyone double click on the other staffs names and dials when all they wanted to do was chat.

This has been the number one complaint from my testing staff so far.

Thanks
    Lance

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I call "my staff" frequently.... we have a real conversation and it happens quicker than typing back and forth and misunderstandings that result from quick 1 liners.
    This should be configurable by the end user perhaps - not a global system change.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    mortenjorge likes this.
  3. mortenjorge

Maybe enable this as an option, but not as global change - i suppose most of the clients use the double click to dial - atleast as i know :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...