Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ability to disable/grey out call recording function

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Steffen Riek, Nov 6, 2017.

Ability to disable/grey out call recording function 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. Steffen Riek

Hello,

with some changes in european law coming up in the future and german law already demanding this we would like an option to disable users from recording calls using 3CX. This would include the desktop client, webclient and all mobile phone apps (as far as possible).

We know that we can stop users from accessing the recordings and auto-deleting them very fast, but our lawyer told me that, in his understanding, this is not enough.
    Also knowing my employees this would lead to some using it and others beeing strictly against it, so it would result in "drama".
    Therefor we as a company have to be able to disable recording of calls entirely.
    Now i know that this currently is not possible, and that it is technically not possible to stop a user from recording a call if they want (e.g. using other recording tolls), but having disabled it in the tools given to our employees by us we would be legally save(-ish).

So in short we would like the following:
    - option to disable/enable all call recording for entire company
    - option to disable/enable call recording for some extensions, regardless of the "global" setting
    - (nice to have) option to automatically add an announcement that the call will be recorded and the caller has to press 1 to accept, before connecting if recording is possible for the extension

2. Silly English Kniggit

We don't have the same strength of legal requirements, but we have both current and potential customers who want this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...