Ability to fully remove and replace a dialed number with a different number.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Phone systems NZ, Feb 16, 2017.

Ability to fully remove and replace a dialed number with a different number. 4.9 5 17votes
4.9/5, 17 votes

?

Should this feature be added?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2017.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Phone systems NZ

In New Zealand we can get a local land line number attached to our cell phones which allows local people to call the cell phone for free (or at local land line rates)

On another phone system I work with i can programme the PABX to fully delete the cell phone number and replace the number with the local number instead.

Eg. A user dials the cell phone number of 027 555 4444 on there phone or softphone etc and then the PABX replaces the 027 555 4444 number with local number of 123 4567 and dials this number instead.

If the outbound rules allowed for more than 9 numbers to be removed/striped then It could be done using the strip digits and prepend feature that is already there,so it may not be a major changed needed to add this functionality

#1 Phone systems NZ, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    cwoller and HH60 like this.
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I had this issue at my last office - folks would dial the office number of another linked site. I want to strip the digits and redirect to an extension. Or, called the External Conference DID instead of dialing ext 700.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phone systems NZ

please vote. Being able to remove more than just 9 numbers on the outbound rules would be handy for more than just my use for it and hopefully this would be easy for 3cx to change.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

i did... but there are several posts in here regarding this...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Phone systems NZ

6. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Please, please, please allow more numbers to be stripped. We are getting large phone bills with people ringing 0845 numbers where we could use an outbound rule to replace them with local numbers. Why 9! Why not 11+ All UK numbers are 11.

7. Silly English Kniggit

Just run into this - I want to rewrite 08xx numbers (up to £0.12 per min) with standard numbers (at £0.003 per min). All that's required is to allow the strip to strip at least 12 digits. Ideally this should allow you to strip more than might be in the string too (i.e. erase the whole string regardless of exact length) and replace with another string.

8. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

As I have said before why did 3CX select just 9 not 12, 18, 25. Why just 9!

9. Jeremy Nelson

I think the title of this request is misleading. It just needs to say "Add ability to strip more than 9 digits in an outbound rule". This is STRICTLY a UI change. I just tested this on my system by changing the number of stripped digits in the database from 9 to 11 and it worked exactly as I hoped.

Phone systems NZ likes this.
  10. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

3CX not appear to be intrested in making this happen, strange when as you have done it is possible.

11. Phone systems NZ

I guess it needs more votes before they will bother looking at it.

12. Phone systems NZ

would still like this to be implemented, can i get any more votes?
    Thanks.

13. Silly English Kniggit

Yes please. and outbound rule strip to allow stripping all digits regardless of length dialed. e.g. if user dials 999 or 9999 strip all and send 999 over specific trunk

14. Phone systems NZ

looking for some more votes for this one, surly it would not be that hard for 3CX to allow more numbers to be removed?