Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

ability to interact with Access Control Systems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I get to work and unlock the door with my Key Card/Fob.
    My phone automatically changes from Out of Office to Available.

(Perhaps my Access Control system would need to know my extension and send the instruction to 3cx that user <Ext> just arrived. If <ext> has Presence by Access enabled, then their presence in 3cx changes to Available.)

This would be an option for each extension, within 3cx Phone, to enable/disable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The ability is already there. Using our API, such systems can change the setting easily when they receive the event. Call API is at http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I'll give that a look to see how the instructions can be sent from the Access Control system to 3cx. Of course, it would be all or nothing unless I wrote a front end that I could turn on/off for each extension.

Thanks for the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.