Ability to set more ring tones of Grandstream

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by craigreilly, Mar 2, 2018.

Ability to set more ring tones of Grandstream 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

My users were telling me their phone kept going to Ring Tone 3. I knew it was set to default in their extension.
    Upon digging into the template, I see that external ring tone is hard coded to 3.
    Can we get an option to update more ring tones within the extension instead of hard codes into the template?

<!-- Matching Incoming Caller ID. Matching Rule 1 -->
    <!-- String -->
    <P1488>external</P1488>

<!-- Matching Rule 1 Distinctive Ringtone -->
    <!-- 0 - system ring tone, 1 - custom ring tone 1, 2 - custom ring tone 2, 3 - custom ring tone 3, 4 - silent. Default is 0. -->
    <!-- Number: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 -->
    <!-- Mandatory -->
    <P1489>3</P1489>

Thanks for your consideration.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cfive

cfive Member

Not just Grandstream!.

It's not right that 3CX determines which ringtone applies to each type of call. That should be determined by the end customer. A starting point is fine, but we should have the ability to modify these settings without resorting to custom templates.

Ringtone is the single biggest complaint I hear from end customers. And I see their point - for example, a busy parts counter with half a dozen extensions in close proximity handling queue calls. The musical jingle drives them crazy.

Could we please consider exposing the settings for ringtone in the GUI? Either the ability to set each type of call ring, or, the ability have the settable "default" apply to all call types.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    craigreilly likes this.