Ability to show the Status of the Extension on IP-Phones

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by actbig, Mar 23, 2016.

Ability to show the Status of the Extension on IP-Phones 4.7 5 9votes
4.7/5, 9 votes

1. actbig

The User can only change the Status of the extension AND the forwarding number via 3CXphone, but not directly on the IP-Phone (hardware).
    Also on the display from the IP-phone, there is no visual feedback of the extension status. It would be nice if a BLF is configured to change the status to e.g. away, that the BLF glow red, which indicates the extension is in status "away".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    tti1 likes this.
  2. Jaggl

Re: Add the ability to show the Status of the Extension on IP-Phones

true. we really need this

tti1 likes this.
  3. tratz

tratz New Member

While I agree that it would be a great feature, I am not sure how easily this can be done. 3cx offers support for a lot of phones and not every phone has the same API (they all support SIP which makes the phone work but not everything else). I do like the flexability of using with different phones but I would not be sure if they go with this option the flexability would be there. The only way I see this working is if they present a matrix of every feature and every supported phone but even then with firmware upgrades and updates, things may break.

--Tracy

4. actbig

maybe a compromise would be good. Independent manufacturer support is fine but If 3CX desides in addition to one IP-Phone manufacturer and develop own Firmware for the phones, so you have a 100%-functional and supported device

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

+1

The OP reasonably wants Away/DND status to reflect on the physical lighted buttons of the phone.

More and more users and admins are evolving the use of 3CX and leveraging Presence and now they want to see the status of others on their phone (not just the 3CX softphone).

Please Upvote!

6. AGidi

Something similar to hotdesking? or combination of? If the agent is not logged into the queue the phone is disabled.

7. Neturius

8. itce