ability to turn off Exchange Contact Sync

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I tried removing all of the entries in Company Directory Sync - but the information remained in the phonebook, even after I restarted the company directory service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi craigreilly,
    You cannot delete any contacts synchronized through MS Exchange from your Company Phonebook. The contacts need to be deleted from Exchange first and the 3CX Company Phonebook will be updated automatically (also mentioned in the 3CX Phone System 12 User Manual here: http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual12.pdf . The other way to do this is to remove the public folder to synchronize in Settings>>Advanced>>Company Directory Sync>> Configure Public Folders to Synchronize and the company phonebook will be updated automatically. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Sorry for resurrecting an old post but I wanted to find out if there were any new solutions to this.

When employees are replaced we reuse extensions so having the previous employees contacts causes issue.

thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.