Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ability to use webclient extension without a softphone or IP Phone to make and receive calls

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ecom2, Aug 14, 2017.

1. ecom2

Ability to use either webclient Phone and softphone only when an extension is using softphone.

because when you receive a call, you get 2 call notification , one form the web and one from the softphone which is annoying.

Also it would be great to have a HOLD button on web client call interface.
    Web client should also give access to make and accept call from any extension as hot desking or as CTI.

Vote for this if you think it will be helpful.

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lev

Lev New Member

Sorry if i get something wrong here.
    But why would you want to open a tab for the Webclient if you got your Softphone already running?

3. ecom2

Let's say you are somewhere out of office, or in a country or hotel where there is download restriction, How you will be able to download a softphone? forget about smartphone. But i believe the web client would help on these purpose.

Secondly , the webclient work almost same as the softphone, which have to get the option either to use web client or softphone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Lev

Lev New Member

True. But you refered to using them both at the same time, which makes no sense for me

5. ecom2

Nope, i said it would be great to have the ability to use EITHER web client or softphone. not both at the same time.

6. Lev

Lev New Member

Well... thats already possible, isnt it?
    I can open my softphone... and i can also use the webclient. I don't get the point

7. ecom2

Yes i can open my web client and softphone together. but if i close my softphone and use only web client , it cannot make or receive calls via web client. it says phone are not connected. have you tried closing your softphone and use the same extension in your web client and see if it work.

8. Lev

Lev New Member

Hi!

Do you have another SIP-Phone connected to your extention or are you trying to make calls via the webclient alone?

I never really used the webclient before. But i tried it out now and it seems, that the webclient does not have an inbuild softphone.
    Also i got validation for this by reading the "manual" https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/web-client/

So you need to have either the 3CX softphone installed or another SIP-Phone, which will then be used via CTI

9. ecom2

yes I do have an SIP Phone too which is connected. i tried using both extension web client for making call or receive , but it does not work. it only work if both softphone and IP phone is connected and only work to receive call. if i have to make call via web client, it will call the softphone first then it dial the number i want to call. it does not work like a normal phone like you just dial and call. meant the web client is not independent .