About codecs in 3CX PBX System

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by juanky, May 18, 2007.

1. juanky

I read that (at this moment) the only supported codecs in 3CX are 711 and GSM ...
    We have a HQ central office and 2 branch office linked via DSL ... In each office we have an SIP gateway using 729 codec to minimize the bandwith consumption...

Whe are trying to use 3CX to centralize all the system... but the only way we found to get it work is bindind to media sever... But the media server only works with 711 code (our gateways doesn't suport GSM codec) which is a wasted bandwith...

What can we do to get the gateways works witch 729 codecs and still using the 3CX PBX system???

2. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

G729 issue was discussed many times on this forum. In short: There will be no full G729 codec support in 3CX because of licensing royalties, but as far us I remember, Nick promissed to consider G729 pass-thru functionality addition in future versions.

Thanks

Marcin

3. juanky

So, can I do to call from a remote office using a DSL line if my remote SIP gateway doesn't suport GSM codec and the only codec supported with 3CX Pbx is the 711... 64 kbps is heavy for a DSL line...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest