• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

About Ring Group when no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasAJ

Reaction score
(Digital Receptionist is not set up)

1. How to direct a "non-answered by any extension in a ring group call" to a company voice mailbox.

eg Ring Group 1 (RG1) has 2 extensions as members (Ext 10 and Ext 11).

An incoming call is directed to RG1. Nobody answers.

I cannot see how that call can be directed to a company mailbox. The options in 'Edit Ring Group'>'Destination if no answer' have no provision for that.

2. In 'Edit Ring Group'>'General'>'Ring Time (seconds) ' the seconds entered (say 10 secs) apply to each member of that ring group. So if there are say 10 members then the caller has to wait 100 sec before being put to a mailbox.

Surely there must be an option to limit the 'total wait time' for the caller.

ThomasAJ said:
I cannot see how that call can be directed to a company mailbox. The options in 'Edit Ring Group'>'Destination if no answer' have no provision for that.

Depends on what your definition of a "company mailbox" is. You can direct it to a mailbox, of an extension. that could be a receptionist extension, or someone else that will check the messages for that particular department.

ThomasAJ said:
2. In 'Edit Ring Group'>'General'>'Ring Time (seconds) ' the seconds entered (say 10 secs) apply to each member of that ring group. So if there are say 10 members then the caller has to wait 100 sec before being put to a mailbox.

There are two types of ring groups. If you select the ring all option, and put in 20 seconds, then all sets will ring at the same time and the caller will only wait a maximum of 20, if unanswered, seconds before going off to a mailbox, or another destination.

The ring sequential option should, obviously, only be used with a limited number of extensions.

Oh I just realized the answer to "company mailbox".

Create an extension that is not used by anyone and direct all calls that go to that extension to its mailbox immediately.

By "company mailbox" I need the mailbox to answer to an EXTERNAL caller saying something like "Welcome to XYZ company, please..." as opposed to a 'normal' extension's mailbox saying something like "Hi you've called Jane, please...".

Sounds good?

Hm...

Can a busy extension's mailbox handle multiple incoming recordings of messages.

So in general if say 3 calls end up in an extension's mailbox at approx. the same time can all 3 callers leave a message.

Can't say that I have ever had an occassion to see this occur, but given that an IVR can handle multiple simulatneous calls and that the system can handle mutiple simulatenous calls to various extensions and presumably to mutiple mail boxes as well, my guess is that multiple to the same box at the same approximate time is not an issue. I tend to think that if someone has set their status to away and has fowarded all calls to their VM, then the chances are rather high that if it did not work, there would have been some comments in the forum about it, but I have not seen it.

Give it a shot and test and see. Let us know.

This sounds like a job for...http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Ring-Group-Department-mailbox/71758-9854

Where unanswered calls from a ring group to a mailbox, would trigger MWI to all phones in that ring group.

leejor said:
Where unanswered calls from a ring group to a mailbox, would trigger MWI to all phones in that ring group.

Yes this feature is a no brainer.

I see voting is closed but I cannot find it in 'In Review' or 'In Progress' or 'Complete'.

How does Ideascale work? What am I missing?

Well...it appears that they have closed off that system, and moved on to Facebook (which I refuse to join).

If you belong...here is the link http://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/

ThomasAJ said:
Hm...

Can a busy extension's mailbox handle multiple incoming recordings of messages.

So in general if say 3 calls end up in an extension's mailbox at approx. the same time can all 3 callers leave a message.

Yes, it can. IVR(Voicemail box) handles multiple calls independently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.