• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Accept multiple calls (use phone status) + Ring Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

danoh

Reaction score
If you select to accept multiple calls at the time time on an extension (use phone status) it works perfectly when someone from another extension tries to call you when you're already on a call.

BUT...

If you are on a call, and a call comes into a ring group that you are a member of, 3CX seems to ignore this setting and not "beep" that there is another call that needs the user's attention.

This is causing a few customers many headaches when only 1 or 2 of the receptionists are available and there's 10 calls coming in.

Can we get a fix to make 3CX ring groups aware of the per-extension setting to accept multiple calls at once?

Generally, the idea of a ring group, is that there is someone else to take the call because you are busy. that's why it is ringing other extensions at the same time. No?

I agree, but there also needs to be the ability to accept more than one call.

An example, which one of my clients are facing right now:

They have 3 receptionists. Those 3 are part of the incoming calls ring group. One receptionist is out on maternity leave and the other is out for an unknown amount of time on medical leave due to a car crash. That leaves one receptionist to handle all the incoming calls. If the other two recptionist's phones are set to DND, and the last remaining receptionist is already on a call, the new inbound call goes to the "busy destination" which in this case is a general mailbox. If the other two receptionists' phones are not on DND, in inbound call rings through and the last remaining receptionist must put her call on hold and then go to one of the other desks to pick up the call. This is not acceptable in my opinion. The one remaining receptionist should be able to accept more than one ring group call at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! Thanks much for the setting!

Nate,

Thanks a bunch for this link, I had this exact same requirement for a new customer.

Hey all, I'd like to read that blog post, but the url goes to a "404 not found". Anyone know where to find it?

Reactions: jbryant84
Settings, Parameters, change ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP to 1

upload_2017-2-22_16-19-20.png

Reactions: CDG
Hi Jason,

This value is experimental and is not recommended to change it. Please do not change this value, it is known to cause issues.

Hi Jason,

This value is experimental and is not recommended to change it. Please do not change this value, it is known to cause issues.

Hi GiannosC,

can you list these issues? or better yet, does a list of these issues exist? After searching, I haven't found it.

I understand that this is an experimental parameter. Does 3CX have an alternative (to allow users in a group to receive calls when already on a line)? This setup seems to be quite in demand.

Thanks in advance

Hi CDG,

does a list of these issues exist?
No, it is not documented but several cases are opened to 3CX support ticketing with this option enabled.

If we could get documentation that would be great. I have this enabled for several clients, so it would be nice to be aware of potential issues that may arise

Hello @jbryant84

Please note that values in custom parameters should not be changed as the disclaimer suggests when you access the parameters as this may cause a variety of issues not only by enabling this option but by various parameters. If you change a setting in custom parameters we cannot guarantee the correct operation of the PBX.
2017-02-23_14h30_11.png
There is a thread you can upvote in the ideas section of the forum so that this gets implemented. Until this happens and the option is enabled by default please try to avoid it. Proceed at your own risk.

Indeed, as 3cx mentioned it's a "change at your own risk" option. Unfortunately for my resellers and I this ends up getting changed at 90% of installs. I haven't encountered any issues that seem related to this, but I too would LOVE to know what the potential issues are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.