Accesing 3cx From Outside The Firewall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ole, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ole

ole

Hi everybody,

maybe, this question has been asked many times before, but I did not find an answer in this forum. Did I kook uo the wrong words?

I have a 3cx in my LAN, having an IP address 192.168.1.YYY. My Firewall has a fixed public IP address. The FW is configured to route port 5060 on that fixed IP address to my server. The FW is told to route port 9000-9049 to the public interface.

Thus, I can log in to the 3cx using the public IP of my FW as provider IP in the phone.

Port 5060 is routed correctly, but my SNOM 300 logs in with its private IP address 192.168.2.XXX from the other network (at home).

Now, for the outgoing voice packets as for ringing the phone, the 3cx does not have a clue, how to reach this other private network, because there is no tunnel, login was via the public IP.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thank you for your time.

Ole

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Ole,

You need to configure your external phone (at home) to use external IP of your home network for intercommunication with PBX. ("STUN", "NAT traversal", "external IP" are the keywords to find corresponding options in phone configuration)

If you cannot use NAT traversal technique in your home network environment then you need to run "3CX Tunnel" on one of your home computer and configure your phone to use it as the proxy.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ole

ole

3cx tunnel is a mode of the VoIP phone, right?. How do I configure the new VoIP phone? The latest release has separated phone and assistant. The VoIP phone uses the tunnel, seems to work, but how do I get my SNOM to work through that tunnel?

Thank you for your time.

Ole

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ole

ole

Great, I finally made it work with your help. Thank you very much!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.