Access to company phonebook

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jonathanc, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathanc

Is there an easy way to give extensions using Cisco SPA 303s and 525s access to the Company Phonebook as set up in 3CX Windows Management Console and resident on a PC in a peer network - without modifying .xml files and downloading stuff from Microsoft designed for use with Server 20xx, etc?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but in a way I hope it is and someone can just point me to an existing link which my researches have missed.

Any help greatly appreciated - many thanks.

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

You should see the cisco_phonebook.xml file located in 3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<random>\.. which should be reachable via web interface at http://<pbx>:5000/provisioning/<random>/cisco_phonebook.xml even in just a web browser.

On the handset, then, you can directly enter it from the web interface (admin), Phone, XML Service. The XML Directory Service Name usually becomes "3CX PhoneBook" and the XML Directory Service URL is that aforementioned and verified XML path.

Without looking at the template, I would guess that an autoprovisioned phone would have that entry from the template.. but perhaps not.

3. jonathanc

Exactly what I needed, Ian - spot on! Works a treat.

Thank you so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.