• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Access to External ISDN Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmsmc

Reaction score
Hi,
I am rather new to this IP PBX stuff, so pardon my ignorance.
here it goes.
I have installed a 3CX PBX Solution to work with local and remote extensions, using both Softphones and hardware phones.
so far, so good.
now i want to connect the External lines Phone central to 3CX. How do I do that ?
the Central is a ELMEG T-484
This equipment has both usb and RJ45 connections. and it receives data from a ISDN line swith 10 DDI.
Can i interface directly with 3CX ? do i need any separate piece or hardware ? those FXO or something that I have read about
around here ? Can please anyone help ?

Thank you in advance

Pedro Caldeira

P.S: The ELMEG T484 Basic Features.

PBX integrated into the network
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The network connection of the elmeg T484 makes the system directly accessible via the LAN. With the drivers configured for LAN-TAPI and LAN-CAPI, users have access to telephone functions on their PCs. This can be a direct link between PCs with Outlook contact data and the connected telephones or the use of the ISDN channels of the PBX as a fax line directly to the PC. Management can also comfortably access the system directly via a PC connected to the network or via a USB link to the telecom system.

Base Modul:
1 x S0 internal / external usable
1 x S0 internal
8 x a/b internal
Integrated IP-Router for Internet access via xDSL or ISDN with:
- 1 xDSL/WAN interface Ethernet (for external xDSL modem)
- 1 LAN interface,10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
- 1 LAN interface USB
LEDs for indication of Power, ISDN, LAN, WAN
1 module slot for expansion with:
Module 2 x S0, of which 1 x S0 internal/external, 1 x S0 internal
or
Module 4 x a/b internal
or
Module 2 POTS (connection of 2 analogue exchange lines)
or
Module 4 POTS (connection of 4 analogue exchange lines)
1 slot for:
Module TFE (door hands free)
or
Module contacts comprising 6 signal inputs/sensors and 3 switching contacts/actuators
1 slot for:
Module 4 DSP for direct connection to SIP provider
And 1 slot for:
Compact Flash Card
And in addition:´
FSM (fine protective module against excess voltage

pmsmc said:
Module 4 DSP for direct connection to SIP provider

This would lead me to believe that it may be possible through the Ethernet connection. The connection is going to have to come out of the ELMEG T-484 on Ethernet into the LAN then on to the PC running 3CX. Do you have a manual on the unit that mentions SIP access of the ISDN lines? If the 3Cx site doesn't include provisioning information on the ELMEG then you are probably going to have to "wing it" unless someone else has set up the same piece of hardware.

No, unfortunatly the manual only referrs to the hangling od the T-484 as as standalone equipment.
I will have to dig deeper. :)
Thanks anyway.

OK,
Now i have managed to register the Elmeg as an PSTN Device.
But when i dial a 0, followed but a external number, the call if forward to the digital phone, from the caller 10000
10000 is the virtual extension number that 3CX as set the PSTN device with, instead of going outside.
and when i dial in, the call in not diverted to the 3CX Pbx, but still goes to the analogic and digital phones.
What am I doing wrong ?
:oops:

The ELMEG is going to have to have the ability to "forward" the incoming call to the virtual trunk number, 10000, if it is going to simulate an ATA, not sure if that is how it will work in your case. If it can't do that then it may not work for you. Have a look, on the 3CX site, as to how some of the other compatible (ISDN) devices are set up, it might help you with the settings. You setup up will depend on what sort of device the ELMEG expects to be connecting to. Have you checked on-line for an ELMEG manual on SIP setup?

I will do that.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.